• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

242 Interior options

JonnyScorch

I want to change the interior in my 80 242 to something a little nicer.. i was thinking about the following...
-GT interior(should be a simple switch right?)
-262 bertone (EASY?)
-leather 242 int. (will 244 seats work in the back?)
-C70 :x: (the back seat.. i can probably get the fronts in with enuff work but i want it to match)
-racing seats.. i'd rather not but it might be the best way...
-780 (easy?)
-Rsport covers (where do i find them? would wagon covers work?)
-others?

What do you guys think is the best/easiest/most affordable :e-shrug:

Thanks!

Hello,

A few thoughts based on what I have done to my 80 242.

Gt interiors look nice new but they are all now at least 23 years old. I have yet to see seats worthy of swapping. I would try to find a 90 plus 240 with the black interior(charcoal) use that back seat (244 seats are the same as 242), put some corbeau seats up front and just keep black panels all around. Ive never messed with a bertone interior nor tried retrofitting a newer one, but I think mine looks nice. Mike

i've got a 262 bertone interior in my 242 that i just bought and it's bloody hidious
large.jpg

and the pic doesn't do justice as to how awefull it is. everyone whose seen the car says "thats really pretty for a old volvo" or "there's a certain something about it", but when they see the interior they they all say "jesus thats ugly" :boink:

amen on those nasty bertone guts. if it were me personally, i would be going for the 850 interior, or the S70R full interior, dash seats and all.

I have black leather seats in my 242 and I love them. I think you can just buy a kit and put them over the regular seats. You could find any decent shop that does seats to make a set. The 244 back seats will work fine but the front seats will not fold forward so that is a big prob if you want to haul anyone around. It would take hours using that knob...Also stuff from the 140 series will fit if you can find it.

Thanks for the advice so far! I'm waiting for pics from a guy about a gt int. he has for sale, if its looks good enough then sure, but i want it to be black, not faded purplish black interior..

I'm thinking a black leather rear seat from a 244/2 and then getting some c70/s40 black leather front seats.. but then i'm still left painting/dying all the other tan stuff to black..

thanks,

has anyone considered, just redoing there old interior? I know IPd sells the seat pads and im sure there are places to get fabric or leather made up somewhere.
In my mind that would be the best way to go, instead of getting something your going to want to replace a few years down the road anyway.

Good point psycho.. but i hope i won't have to redo it later on... I did look the ipd interior stuff, but the prices seemed crazy... or at least they seem crazy to me...

ravennexus said:
i've got a 262 bertone interior in my 242 that i just bought and it's bloody hidious
large.jpg

and the pic doesn't do justice as to how awefull it is. everyone whose seen the car says "thats really pretty for a old volvo" or "there's a certain something about it", but when they see the interior they they all say "jesus thats ugly" :boink:

Ill send you my brown seats/door panels, etc, for all of the bertone stuff. sound like a deal?

i have a 242 turbo picked up from over sees by the previous owner and it has seats that are balck vinyl on the sides and back and white cloth for the rest and has a maching strip of white cloth is the door panels and it looks really nice even thou its not in great shape. it makes my car look like its already got a custom interior. i would recomend hitten up bone yards looking for something like that. ill try to get pics on here in a couple of days.

Back