• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

It's Spring in Oregon! [More 245 pics, hooray :p]

Inc3pt

Disclaimer: I am not a photographer. I really wish I was. I love photography. I really wanted better color out of these pictures, but I had to rely on Photoshop just to get them where they are now. The camera I was using is my mom's...and it's a "Vivitar" :grrr:....if that tells you anything about how crappy it is. Anyway, maybe someday I'll have a real camera!

So today I washed the car, and repainted the grill/headlight surrounds/front spoiler. I didn't change the actual paint color, just re-touching.

Anyway, I found my OVT stickers that I bought probably more than a year ago and I played around with it. I haven't decided whether I like it yet, so we'll see if I keep it there. :)

Onto the pictars!

245shoot01db3.jpg

245shoot02fb4.jpg

245shoot03vg2.jpg

245shoot04dx0.jpg

245shoot05hs0.jpg

245shoot06fu8.jpg

245shoot07ag0.jpg

245shoot08ua5.jpg

245shoot09ww5.jpg

245shoot10qn4.jpg

...and look at these trees! :nod:

245shoot11nc5.jpg

245shoot12sy3.jpg

Here's an outtake. WARP SPEED!

(Note to everyone: Hold still when you take pictures ;-) )

245shoot13ah6.jpg

Comments/suggestions/hatemail encouraged and appreciated. :-D

You son of a bitch, you're blocking the gate :grrr:

j/k, even though you are for the sake of good shots.

The pics and the car look awesome. I love those TSW's.

Favorite pic of the bunch. And that warp speed one made me dizzy....lol...But, very nice!
Those are nice pics...And a NICE wagon,TSW hockenheims?

Looks great,and I like the sticker :)

Thanks guys, and yeah. 17x8 TSW Hockenheims. I love them. :omg: :omg:

You son of a bitch, you're blocking the gate :grrr:

j/k, even though you are for the sake of good shots.

Someone died while I was taking these pictures because the fire department couldn't get through.
allnighterp1.gif

Are those rims 17's or 18s? Cause that would be a deciding factor for my car cause your car is Hot!

And love the shots, is it just me or are all RWD Volvo owners photographers.

This is the first time I can say a big-nose 240 doesn't need a flathood. Nice work.

Thanks. Yeah, normally I'm a "omg flathood on everything" kind of guy...but I haven't on this car because for some reason, I just love the way it looks so damn much. :)

SO NICE! Your 245 is my favorite on the board. The black bits look OEM, like a factory 245R...

Thanks :-D but if mine is your favorite, clearly you haven't seen that many 245's yet. :-P

Are those rims 17's or 18s? Cause that would be a deciding factor for my car cause your car is Hot!

They're 17's. I'd love 18's, but these look "big enough". The thing is, some wheels look fine in 17" and some still look too small to me. It depends on the "style" of the wheel, whether it has a lip, how the spokes are shaped, etc. Anyway, post pictures when you get new wheels. :nod:

Disclaimer: I am not a photographer. I really wish I was. I love photography. I really wanted better color out of these pictures, but I had to rely on Photoshop just to get them where they are now. The camera I was using is my mom's...and it's a "Vivitar" :grrr:....if that tells you anything about how crappy it is. Anyway, maybe someday I'll have a real camera!

Couple of things,

Cool Pics, forget that "I am not a photographer" crap, you have a good eye, keep using it.

About the Vivitar...a camera is just a light tight box that gathers photons and concentrates them on a fixed piece of light sensative material or an image sensor, it's a tool. Nothing more and nothing less. Some tools are better for the task at hand than others, but I have seen great photographs shot with $20 plastic Holga cameras and absolute junk shot with $25,000 worth of digital hardware.

The only technical issue I would have with some of your pics is the white balance, that is unless you were going for an overall "cool blue" look.

Short story...when I entered Brooks Institute of Photography in 1980, I was very poor and only had a Vivitar SLR with a couple of lenses. Most of my classmates were trust fund babies who had all the latest and greatest gear and it was a bit intimidating at first. I soon learned that it was all about capturing the image, not how you captured it, and I vowed to do the best I could with the tools I had. At the end of the first year, I was the one who recieved the "First Year Student Award" for my work. It was only then that I allowed myself the luxury of a used Canon SLR (I did buy all new lenses though) which I still have and use today.

Don

Your car looks great, only thing I'd change is the amber reflectors in the corners. Nice work though.

Those will be ditched as soon as I find something nice to replace them. Maybe euro lenses, I liked the top clear, bottom orange look. Who knows though. It's my daily driver, so I don't put a ton of work into it. Trying to save for the project. :rofl:

Couple of things,

Cool Pics, forget that "I am not a photographer" crap, you have a good eye, keep using it.

About the Vivitar...a camera is just a light tight box that gathers photons and concentrates them on a fixed piece of light sensative material or an image sensor, it's a tool. Nothing more and nothing less. Some tools are better for the task at hand than others, but I have seen great photographs shot with $20 plastic Holga cameras and absolute junk shot with $25,000 worth of digital hardware.

The only technical issue I would have with some of your pics is the white balance, that is unless you were going for an overall "cool blue" look.

Thanks Don. I know that good photographers can still make a good picture with a bad camera, but I still think I need lots of practice. Maybe someday I'll make a career of it. The white balance issue is part of the problem with the camera that I couldn't correct. Some of them I purposefully desaturated (#3, #5) and some of them were color tinted on purpose (blue on #6, #7 reddish on #8) but most of them were supposed to be 'normal' color-wise but Photoshop can only help so much. :-P

Somehow I knew this thread was yours, even before I scrolled down further to see who started it...

Looking good Tye! Dunno about the OVT sticker there, just seems kinda random and doesn't go with anything, IMO.

And, uhm, next time you wash your car and go out for pictures, call me, k? I want to wash my car too, and have pictures taken as well. And we can both try to take good pictures, and then pick from the better, lol. My 244 needs some good pictures taken of it, it's VERY deprived of good, while clean, pictures. Actually, any good pictures at all. :(

Back