• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Needle Colour? And removal help?

ard

I has moar turbis :)
Well, I'm starting to play around with some randon stuff on the Volvo, and I'm pensing painting the gauge needles.... I just can't decide what colour :-P

The gauges will be lit in blue, so I'm figuring that white would be the best.

Any other opinions would be welcome.

Oh, and how do I take the damn needles off the fuel, coolant temp, and voltmeter without breaking them?

if they are removable which i dont think they are you would have to dissasemble the entire instrument cluster. I would practice or try it on a junkyard one first though.

Yeah, that's what I'm doing... Finally found a speedo in km/h to replace my busted unit... Don't need the rest of it though, so may as well do something :)

Yeah, but I've gotta scrape the red off. Otherwise it won't show up. The paint comes off easily enough, the needles, on the other hand, do not.

So far, I've had no luck getting them off.

Bollocks.

hmm ill have to take another look at my spare cluster... but if u look closely im pretty sure the temp and fuel needles are just kinda hooked on. no idea how hard it would be to get the needles back on after u get them off though.

someone somewhere sells white gauges, and if i remember correctly there's instruction on that site that explain how to remove the needles. i'll see if i can find that site.

I tried it onmy 940 cluster and they break. Also, the green insert for the backlights is moulded into the tacho amongst others.

Back