• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Wheels for my 945T - where are they?

jamangony

Hello all,

I'm a new member and I apologize if I'm abusing the main thread, but I thought rather than simply a "wanted" post, the lack of available aftermarket rims for my 1993 940 Turbo wagon (she's a beaut) might warrant people chiming in.

I'm looking for 16" or 17" inch rims, and it seems Tire Rack no longer carries Borbet Type E's for Volvo's, my old standby.

I hear periodically about other great rims available but have trouble finding them (i.e. Galaxies).

If any of you have some useful information or opinion, pls reply. if this is not a worth post, again, my apologies. thanks!

Best,

J

(showroom would be where you'll find all the wheel threads)

The most common is to get adapters so you can use a FWD offset wheel and then just run wheels from the newer cars or go searching for wheels with a 5x108 bolt pattern. The other alternative is to use adapters that change your bolt pattern such as 5x108 to 5x114.3 and that opens up hundreds of options.

The other alternative is to use adapters that change your bolt pattern such as 5x108 to 5x114.3 and that opens up hundreds of options.

Best advice given. I am going this route and it is the only logical solution for anything with a deep dish. Alternatively, you can go to the dealer and buy a set of Polaris for $2000. If the dealer's really nice he will give them to you for $1600 or so. I am going with a MB bolt pattern on my spacers (5x112) as I think the MB aftermarket wheels are the best matching in terms of style (my opinion).

Back