• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Any problems fitting 16" Hydras on a 240?

derosa

The Rev
Looking at a set of these, do they require spacers to fit a 240 or will they bolt right up contingent of if the car is lowered or not?

nothing is required.

but be warned- hydras look a little funky on the newer 240's; however they look pretty damn good on my 76 :e-shrug:

Hydra wheels

I like them on 240s. They fit right up no issues. However, the tire you select may. Be sure to select a tire that works well on a 240. On a 700/900 series the tires they use is a 205/55-16. This fits but is taller than standard 240 series tires and on my lowered car would rub on large suspension deflection. I was thinking that trying a 215/50-16 which is a little shorter so it might work better.

Last edited:
On a 245ti that I used to have:
PICT0019.jpg

Not lowered, running 205/50/16 as i recall, although they might have been 60 series.

oh right, tires. i run 205/55/16 with blown shocks and even with all my bouncing i experience no issues.

jumping on the yes they fit without issues badwagon.
+1

Ran mine with 205/50/16, my 242Ti was lowered, had no issues what so ever. There are pics in my pbase account, but I can't get to it now because I'm at work. Should be something like http://www.pbase.com/blu92in99 and it's the 242Ti gallery...

edit// I will say that they would look a lot better with the Volvo 20mm spacer kit in the rear, in my opinion anyway.

they fit fine

P1020664.sized.jpg

hydra.jpg

White car is 205 or 215/55/16
silver car is 205/60/16

Both have about 3 or 4 coils removed..i dont remember.
The white car once had trouble going up a drive way, but i went at too much of an angle. Also having 3 to 4 coils is lowered more than your average IPD springs.

Back