• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

flathood conversion

A

Anonymous

I have a flathood '80 242DL that got totaled by a fallen tree during a recent ice storm. What parts do I need to keep to convert my next 242 to flathood?
I know I need the hood, headlamps, and park lamps. Do I also need the crossmember/support piece and fenders/quarter panel? Is there anything else rare/hard to find on a '80 242DL?

The only thing you NEED is the hood and grille (cut the grille to fit with dual lights). If you want to keep the 7" round headlights, then you will need those complete assemblies. The turn signals, rad support, & fenders are the same.

You need the grille I showed you a picture of in that other thread, and the bonnet/"hood" itself.
Unless I'm extremely mistaken, everything underneath is the same ... there may be a different latch/catch, but I don't think so (I'm pretty sure I used a bonnet catch/latch off a "verandah out the front" 264GLE on my 242GT).

Back