• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

cluster modifications

vthreat

had a little fun with my cluster today, I think I'm the first one to do this so here goes...

started with this
P4070063.jpg

ended up with this
P4080092.jpg

from the back
P4080097.jpg

one more
P4080079.jpg

This is the start of my sequential shift light setup with MS. I'm still waiting on some transistors to make up the logic circuit but the bright side of the project is done!

its not 100% complete yet, I still have to put a tinted film in front of all the leds. With this setup I'll only lose the use of the oil and battery idiot lights so who cares since I have oil and voltage gauges. (plus I'm not an idiot :-D )

The pictures don't really capture the effect, its better in person trust me :oogle:

:rofl: I've played way too much Need for Speed for this to be as funny as it is for me. Cool project though. Too bad my 240 is an auto, or I'd hit you up for the How-To.

i want out so ill do it tomorrow i just really wanted to know if it was a pain in the a$$ or not because i was in a pretty bad mood earlier and didnt want to get any more pissed than i was

I want to find a way to upgrade my 240 Cluster with LED's, Even from just front mounted lighting the cluster would glow some weird incandescent colour.

Thanks guys! I'll get to a full write up once I have the circuit board that hooks up to Megasquirt complete. To tide you over till then, I did a few more things today

The bare leds were going to be too bright. They needed some sort of film in front of them to reduce the brightness and distribute the light better. After looking around the house for a while I came up with this:
P4080007.jpg

Its a panel for one of those novelty scoreboard light fixtures, since the ducks had been replaced a while ago I had extras to cut up and fit in front of the leds
P4080011.jpg

low
P4080031.jpg

medium
P4080032.jpg

high
P4080034.jpg

I forgot to mention that for us M46 guys you will lose your OD indicator light. I rewired mine to the OD off spot that is used on automatic cars. For now I used a sharpie to block out the "off" part. I originally wanted to cut the green OD indicator out and put it on the other side but unfourtunately it broke while I was cleaning it, some other time I guess but for now it looks ok.
P4080041.jpg

Thats all for now, I head back to school tomorrow. Like I said I'll get to a how to write up once the whole thing is up and running :cool:

leds

Looks good. You can also reduce the brightness of the leds with a larger dropping resistor. They last really long anyway but with reduced brightness from the larger dropping resistor they'll last even longer.

Back