• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Modified clutch fork for Getrag

yama

I modified an older forged Volvo hydraulic clutch fork to work with a Getrag conversion. The fork on the left is a standard stamped steel Volvo hydraulic fork from a 740 turbo. The center fork is an older unmodified forged hydraulic one from maybe a 544 or 122. The fork on the right is modfied to work with the Getrag. I added several beads of weld to the ends to lengthen it by around 3/8" and a few on the sides. The welds on the sides were added to compensate for the fact that the opening on the stock Volvo fork needs to be widened to fit the BMW throw out bearing. After adding the welds I spent several minutes grinding and polishing.

Attachments

• clutchfork1.jpg
    clutchfork1.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 205
hey that exactly what i need to do,Do you think it will be strong enough to pust a race clutch setup?
I use a 122 bellhousing to put the getrag(M51) behind my B20

hey that exactly what i need to do,Do you think it will be strong enough to pust a race clutch setup?
I use a 122 bellhousing to put the getrag(M51) behind my B20

I would say that the forged clutch fork is alot stronger then the stamped one. It has a better pivot ball setup and alot more metal were the slave cylinder rod fits into the fork.

One thing that you might consider, is having that fork heat treated. Welding forged steel will damage the grain structure, and considerably weaken the piece near the welds. You should be able to get some of that strength back by having it annealed and re-heat treated. Looks very nice! Nice polishing/finish work. You can't even tell that it was welded on!

E

Back