• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

two things showed up today

HRPufNStuf

1. The first was about 4-5" of snow in mid April GRRRRRRR!
2. The second was my 92 960 complete IRS.......
Hoping it is a 3.31 and LSD.(no sticker visible)
I'll start the teardown as soon as I can drag it into the garage.
The 960 has a vastly superior forward diff bushing to the older Mk1 variants.
It also has the IRS rear bar mounting points, but the 3.31 should be better for cruising on the highway over the stock 3.73.

My wife hasn't seen it yet as it is hidden between my car and the garage door....I'll have to sneak out and drag it inside after she goes to bed.......

http://s140.photobucket.com/albums/r33/purchasepwr/?action=view&current=rearirs.jpg

Its hopefully going into the 89 780......The LHS stay bar appears to have taken a bit of damage. I'll mix and match the best parts off of my current early Mk1 IRS and this one to come up with the best package possible.

The IRS on the XJS is much beefier...I"ve had that off for a complete rebuild several years ago. Jag IRS uses the axle as the upper suspension arm which is an elegant solution, but does have its issues with loading.....

wowah, never seen such skinny arms. whats it going in.

Last edited:
the jag is beffy but the in board brakes can overheat when raced killing the diff oil seals which just makes the brakes even worse as diff oil leaks over them. hehe.

Outboard might be better in taht respect.

There are options for the inboard brakes including ducting which came standard on the E Type. Also there are several kits for installing vented rears. Jaguar felt the unsprung weight was worth the pain. They didn't move things outboard until the mid 90s...thirty years after the initial design.......

the jag is beffy but the in board brakes can overheat when raced killing the diff oil seals which just makes the brakes even worse as diff oil leaks over them. hehe.

Outboard might be better in taht respect.

i think what your missing there mike is the foward pointing arms carry the main load , and they are huge !! - that little link is the toe arm .

the later IRS has a much better setup in terms of geometry .

oh and if its a 1045 , itll have a locker in it

Yanked the calipers and rotors off...rotated the input shaft and it appears to be a 3.31 locker...1045. I would suppose most CDN models came with the locker as a winter package addition.
I think the 3.31 will be abetter match with the M90 over the open 3.73.
The input flange on this diff appears to be kinda funny as it is stepped...hope it is compatible with my M90 drive shaft.

i think what your missing there mike is the foward pointing arms carry the main load , and they are huge !! - that little link is the toe arm .

the later IRS has a much better setup in terms of geometry .

oh and if its a 1045 , itll have a locker in it

Back