• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

86+ eggcrate grill

kammer

BLK
I just bought an eggcrate grill for my 1990 wagon. Trial fit today and it looks like the horns are in the way of the grill. Anybody else have this problem? I'm thinking that I can possible mount them on the back side of the vertical support bar. Opinions?

wait.. 245 eggcreat grille? um i think you may have a 740 or 940 grille

Nope. I got a Euro 240 eggcrate from Australia. This was originally on the 81-85(?) euro cars. Sweet looking grill. Soon I'll be doing a "Towery" :twisted: with a flathood and this grill on my my 90 245.

Thanks. I like the idea of under the bumper, probably a little cleaner looking.

yea I have 145 horns and bracket on my 244GL there is this perfect spot to mount it under the drivers side headlight.. I will get you pic's tomorrow if i remember..

no drilling or zipties required!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOT!

do you have a pic of the grille?

yea I have 145 horns and bracket on my 244GL there is this perfect spot to mount it under the drivers side headlight.. I will get you pic's tomorrow if i remember..

no drilling or zipties required!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOT!

do you have a pic of the grille?

Sweet! I would like to see pics of your setup. My camera is dead, so no pics of the grill. :-( There are two versions of this grill all black and black with chrome surround. I'll see if I can find a pic in the archives.

DSCN1029.jpg

DSCN1031.jpg

DSCN1030.jpg

sorry for crappy pic
DSCN1032.jpg

from a 72 145.. they sound better then my stock 240 horns
DSCN1036.jpg

I would relocate the horns anyway. As soon as I am less lazy, those things are going behind the bumper on mine too. They block off damn near half the air flow to the radiator and intercooler.

Supposedly I purchased this grille from this dbag and he ripped me off. Beware.

He's local and I've met him quite a few times, as well as a couple friends have done business with him.

Just FYI, this will probably get locked and they'll tell you to take it to PM....but I don't see any good explanation for why he would rip you off on a grill.

Back