• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

FINALLY got the snow tires off.

buzz

To inspamity, and beyond!
The last of the snow melted this week and so got the 225-50 Firestone Wide Oval rubber on the refinished magnesium Millies and all covered in a nice new layer of brake dust. Loving the new tires so far. Not a speck of vibration waaaaay into triple digits. :oogle: Walmart tire mounting has really surprised me.

summerblingin.jpg

Extra Giant Radiator? Not sure how much it holds.

Yeah, was kinda looking for you and Mike to come putting up the driveway but you never did. So I putzed with airport stuff that followed me home.

Man, you better knock on wood after saying that last sentence

Well, got the tires at a local garage that sold them for damn near Tire Rack prices but then wouldn't mount them out of fear of the wheels. The shop they suggested wanted a Ben Franklin for M & B as the tires weren't purchased from them. Wally World came highly recommended, they had all the latest & greatest equipment and $3.50/mounting & $1.50 balancing sealed the deal. For another $25 I got lifetime rotation & balancing. I throw a couple of weights every year so meh. :cool:

the ones i just got from boxdriver BARELY touch the fender lip. same size tires...
my car has the TME lowering springs on it. gonna roll the edge up a bit on mine so they dont touch anymore.

the ones i just got from boxdriver BARELY touch the fender lip. same size tires...

The white ones? Post a pic so I can see how they look on yer ride.

rally ride height ftw

Also you guys are lucky. Here Walmart won't mount any tires they haven't sold you :???:

:oops: Yeah, stock height, soon to be rectified. As for Wallyworld not mounting tires, could be a state law.

well, im going to go install my msd box in a bit, i can wipe the brake dust off em and take a pic ;)

they're a tad lighter than the car, but they look good
REALLY nice wheels.
easy to clean too...plenty of room around the brakes and the space between the spokes is enough to get my big hands through.

but here is what i took a day after i got them on, went up to the local mountains for a drive to feel the difference between crap tires and better tires.

also, how do you know if the wheels are magalite ones? there was a casting on the wheels that looked like an 86...powder coating made it harder to read.

also, how do you know if the wheels are magalite ones? there was a casting on the wheels that looked like an 86...powder coating made it harder to read.

On the back of the spoke next to the casting date it also says 'Alfa Romeo lega del magnesio' and on the outside of the hub inside of the spokes it also has stamped '80% magnesio/20% alluminio' and on the inside of one of the other spokes, 'TUV Ha approvato magnesio.'

Mine are on the 3rd refinish and 2nd powdercoating so that information is pretty much gone/covered up on my wheels. I'll shoot ya a couple pics the next time the wheels are off and I can find enough contrast on the stamping to get a decent picture.

Back