• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

rear deck speakers

N/Avolvo

I just bought a 1993 240 saturday and it needs all new speakers so I was wondering what is the biggest speakers that will fit in the rear deck without cutting the metal supporting the rear deck. I was looking at crutchfield and it says that some of the 6 3/4 speakers only need a 5 inch hole but will there be enough room

depends. Few different options really, you can raise them up a little off the deck, and create more clearance as you only need space for the magnet and not the cone... Or you can get smaller speakers, I KNOW 4" ones will work no problem, I'm guessing you could like go 5 1/4" without cutting anything but the cardboard... But in the end, I ended up going for 6X9's - found a local small car audio shop that did it for me for $50 Canadian, taxes in. Much better than the spacers I was looking at getting.

I didn't do it, but it wasn't too much. I can take a picture with my cameraphone and send it to you immediately if you like. PM me your cell number.

i swapped the stock 5"ers on my 83' 240 for 5x7s. that was an easy one, just required cutting the cardboard, plastic and fabric a bit. stock speaker covers work, so it looks stock (read: not like ass)

Back