• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Paint idea

BLOWN240

I am thinking about doing a paint job like this. It will be an old school spray can job, whatcha think?
icon_confused.gif

Do you think the main color would look better in flat grey or flat black?

456125_24_full.jpg

BLOWN240 said:
I am thinking about doing a paint job like this. It will be an old school spray can job, whatcha think?
icon_confused.gif

Do you think the main color would look better in flat grey or flat black?

456125_24_full.jpg

Not sure about the flames..But that is one badass intake system sticking out of the hood :-P

Flat black on the body, and there definitely needs to be more orange and yellow in the flames. In my opinion, if you do flames, they need to go farther than that. I always think they look cool if they start to thin out on the front door, and stretch just barely onto the rear door. Where did you get those moons?

I think the pic looks pretty schweeet, although flat black of course has it's merits. With a spraycan I think it'd be really tough to get more than one color in there, as in a red to yellow fade. Maybe with some work though!

Very interesting car! Can't quite say you'd find me behind the drivers seat..... but I give you mad props for building it up like that. I do love the shaved look, just killer. Maybe it's just the wheels that I'm not into cause I like everything else about it.

Flame it, I can't wait to see! By the way, nice edit there ya made there.

John

Thanks for the imput!!!

FlatWagon83 wrote3

[quote:1a8817cf98]Where did you get those moons?[/quote:1a8817cf98]

I got them from Mooneyes. They are about 25 minutes from my house. www.mooneyes.com

I figure once I get the car flat black I can go about flamming it. I was able to paint it primer grey for about $30 bucks. All it took was about 10 cans of Dupli Color, some masking tape, and a sunny day. I should be able to start this soon.

Thanks for the imput!!!

FlatWagon83 wrote

[quote:3ea068aba8]Where did you get those moons?[/quote:3ea068aba8]

I got them from Mooneyes. They are about 25 minutes from my house. www.mooneyes.com

I figure once I get the car flat black I can go about flamming it. I was able to paint it primer grey for about $30 bucks. All it took was about 10 cans of Dupli Color, some masking tape, and a sunny day. I should be able to start this soon.

Thanks for the imput!!!

FlatWagon83 wrote

[quote:35cfe5235f]Where did you get those moons?[/quote:35cfe5235f]

I was very close to doing a flame job on my car as well. With your car I'd go with a flat black body and for flames I would start white at the front and fade into yellow, orange and red at the tips. Get a friend to do some pinstriping and you are golden. I'll even give you my battle scarred fuzzy dice.

Wow, that's crazy. What a coincidence eh? I know I didn't get it off your site either. Ohh yeah, got it from here http://www.jon-erik.se/240/pictures.html . What a great photo site eh?

And now that you reminded me, I've been meaning to ask you. Where the heck did you get those gauges????????????? Maybe a Dave Barton special order? Hey, now that's a good idea... But DAAAAYYYUMM. Right click, save.

John

I love that picture site!
love.gif

And the gauges..... I made em in photoshop.

I took my gauges apart.... scanned them.....tweaked them.... and printed them. It took me a while, but I think it was worth it.

I second the props on those guages, dig the Varga Girl touch. Also nice work on the 260 style grille with the flathood. Did you just cut some off the bottom? How did you do that? You just need to tuck 'n roll the seats. Scallops would also look very cool. But yeah go for the flames.

Thanks for the compliments...

Actually the grille is off of a 240 flathood car. I just cut out the cross bar and it went right on...

Pisco, Pardon my ignorance but, what is the flatblack flat hood club?

Oh that! That is kind of a joke really. A couple of guys on here have converted to flathoods and have not yet painted them to match the body and for the time being they are flat black.

Back