• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by 940 16 valve

1. 940 16 valve

Whiteblock Dual mass flywheel measurements needed

Hi all I'm getting tired of the gear noise with the single mass flywheel in my 5 cylinder swapped 760. I'm not sure if I have enough room for the height of a dual mass flywheel however. Anybody have a dual mass whiteblock flywheel assembly around and could measure the height to the top of the...
  2. 940 16 valve

White block rwd transmission options?

Nah, I wish we got more cool euro stuff, but usually we get same as USA spec
  3. 940 16 valve

B234F oil pump drive gear

There's a picture of the upgraded pump in my for sale thread https://www.turbobricks.com/index.php?threads/b234-upgraded-oil-pump-gear-timing-belt-idler-bearing-package.362253/ It's thicker around where the bolt goes. I think there's a comparison picture in my old build thread. I broke the old...
  4. 940 16 valve

DET17's "Project cheap thrills wagon" - '90 745

Welcome back! I was genuinely sad when I saw you sold your last one, after following your project thread.
  5. 940 16 valve

The 700/900 ZF steering rack rebuild thread

Thanks! Probably most of the people in the world who would appreciate a project like this are on this website! I forgot to mention, I bought orings for the 2 steel lines from Volvo and they turned out the be just a hair smaller than the ones off the old rack/ ones that came with the pro parts...
  6. 940 16 valve

Thanks for the kind words! I've always had a meticulous streak, and now I'm trying to do each job as thoroughly as I can. Given that I daily this beast I figure if I do everything properly, it'll help the car not gradually feel like it deteriorates in a death by 1000 cuts kind of way. Got the...
  7. 940 16 valve

Totally! I know this is the type of content I always appreciate others sharing. Finally got some time (and seals!). When the seal kit arrived I was initially disappointed when I saw it was pro parts sweden. I have no experience with their parts, but usually I'm let down by anything that isn't a...
  8. 940 16 valve

'95 960 goes T5

Nice to see an update on this one! You considering a 350z diff swap?
  9. 940 16 valve

760 5 cylinder...scratching a 10 year itch

These old Compomotives were a bit funky with two large o-rings (3mm x 320mm OD!) between the barrels. I tried sealing it like most modern 3 pieces, with a bead of silicone but it kept coming back with huge leaks. Finally found a place in the U.K. called Tameson that stocks O-rings that massive
  10. 940 16 valve

After some fighting I got the wheels to seal and took it for a test drive on the Compomotives. One of the lips has a bend in it, so it looks like I'll be doing some rebuilding of them over winter. Right now they're 15x7 and 7.5, and I'm thinking I might take the opportunity to make the rears...
  11. 940 16 valve

So I checked and the Volvo seal kit for the ZF racks is NLA, so I've ordered the VP kit. I got to disassembly. First I made sure the rack was centered so I could make note of the orientation of the pinion for reassembly Pulled this cover which holds a spring and piston Next remove rubber...
  12. 940 16 valve

Haha, nice try. I'll only part with them when I find a pair in 16". it took me years to find this set! I do like the way the brakes fill up the 15's though, in a nice period correct 80's way. I think the front just needs to come down a touch, then I've got some centers to fit when the...
  13. 940 16 valve

Been just driving it while I procrastinate on coming up with a rear sway bar and E-brake solution. It feels noticeably more stable with the LSD at WOT - although that could also be having upper control arm bushings that aren't shot. Been playing with the old Compomotive wheels I've been wanting...
  14. 940 16 valve

Just got my hands on this good core ZF rack after searching for a couple of years. "supreme 940" saved my bacon on this one - and was an amazing seller. It looks to be in nice enough shape that it would probably be fine to run as-is for a bit, but I'm going to rebuild it before I install. Hoping...
Back