• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by bionicbanana

1. bionicbanana

940 New main not running when jumped from relay

93 940 b230ft Replaced main pump as it was not priming with ignition, and not running when jumped from 30 to 87/2 on relay. Same issue with the new bosch unit. Doubting the new pump is faulty as well but not totally out of the question. Anything else to check? Relay is clicking when ignition...
  2. bionicbanana

940 Another Intermittent No-Start Thread

93 940 Turbo Had a cold morning a few weeks ago and car wouldn't run for more than half a second, sputtering badly. Eventually fired up and ran great for a week or two with no issues (aside from a blown turbo, burning a lot of oil under normal driving). Replaced the turbo with another 13c I...
  3. bionicbanana

940 Swapping 13c housings

Noob question time Could I leave the exhaust housing on the vehicle and swap the core and compressor housing from my other 13c into it without messing with the balance? I'm kind of SOL living outside of town without a place to work on my cars, and this guy is my daily. The spare turbo's dp...
  4. bionicbanana

940 Has anyone used Lseat.com?

Has anyone bought new seat skins from Lseat and have photos or opinions to share? Seems like a reasonable price for someone who can't sew. I was thinking black or black/tan combo might look good with my tan interior. The black weather mats in the front already give it a nice 2-tone look Also...
  5. bionicbanana

700 Manual Trans Pedal Box Alternatives

I've got a 780 I'm currently putting a 1jz in. Auto for now but I'll be sourcing a r154 for it this summer. I have a manual pedal box but I'd like to save it for my 940 daily. Has anybody used a manual pedal box from another car with success? The interior will remain gutted so I'm not worried...
  6. bionicbanana

7/9 Rear Seat Covers

Any suggested seat covers for the rear of my 93 940? I don't really want to deal with buying and returning ones that don't fit well. Color is tan Thanks
  7. bionicbanana

Aftermarket Ballast Resistor

Just curious if there's another option for the ballast resistor on turbo cars and what I should be after. I have had two with badly corroded and frayed wires on this car, and have to be extremely gentle not to rip apart the connections. My soldering skills are pretty much non-existent. Yes...
  8. bionicbanana

Rear Spring Advice

Looking for new rear springs for my 780 that has already had anti-nivomat conversion done. I went to swap in new billy HDs today and the PO from years ago had made his own wooden spring seats (1/2" to 1" thick) on the bottom that obviously had been broken apart for god knows how long. Now the...
  9. bionicbanana

Timing woes

b230ft. Replaced cam gear with an IPD adjustable, but did not advance/retard timing as I wasn't going to retune it just yet. Must have not slacked timing belt correctly first time around because I hit it from a stop and heard what sounded like a clutch slipping (auto trans) and the car began to...
  10. bionicbanana

IRS/Nivomat Questions

Looking to replace and stiffen up the rear end of my 780. It was previously converted to anti-nivomat with IPD's billy HD and blue lowering springs, but it's time to have shocks replaced/rebuilt. What are my options for that other than buying the entire kit? I also have some loud creaking in...
  11. bionicbanana

Trunk stuck

780, battery relocated to trunk, cable in door jam is broken and won't open the trunk. I believe the battery is so dead that the button inside the glovebox won't even work. Does not work from any key position. II gives me the dreaded battery-dead-clicking sound Am I sol or what?
  12. bionicbanana

Hood Release

Searched everywhere and found nothing on how to install the cable. How exactly does the hood release cable function in a 780? I'm assuming it's the same on a 740 as well. The firewall side makes sense to me, but I don't understand how this one wire cable can pull both "hooks" on the individual...
  13. bionicbanana

780 Filler Panel Installation

How exactly does the filler panel that runs the length of the front end, under the headlights/grill fit into the fenders of a 780? It's as if the ends that fit into the fenders do not match up, but the one I took off is the same way so obviously it fits somehow. :roll: Seems like the headlights...
  14. bionicbanana

Bad Coil b23ft

Hard starts since I bought the car, rough/low idle, low running voltage, ~13v and under, always (if the stock dash is correct). Recently died and wouldn't start but that was fixed with a new distributor. The hall sensor was junk in the old one. Brand new cap, rotor, plugs, and wires. I tested...
  15. bionicbanana

7 series compatibility

Are the center consoles basically the same fit between a 780/740? What about the plastic trunk piece that covers the latch? The only junkyard here is massive but doesn't have a single Volvo (well, they had 1 base model v70) so I can't exactly try myself unless I buy the pieces and have them...
Back