• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by jay f.

1. jay f.

b230ft tuning contradictions and help

Have the 265 getrags fallen out of favor or have they just become too expensive and hard to source?
  2. jay f.

Loss of rpm & bucking on highway

This just started happening today to my '91 740t. Get on the interstate today, get up to about 75 & the car starts bucking, eventually losing drive power, with the RPMs dropping to zero. It eventually came back and I was able to drive on city streets fine. Later on the way home, same thing...
  3. jay f.

Slave Cylinder rebuild kit- where to buy?

So I'm looking for a rebuild kit for my clutch slave cylinder. I tried ordering from both Tasca & FCP, but both said it was back ordered from volvo with no ETA listed. I have a modified plunger, that was lengthened in order to work with my saab pp & disc setup. Hence why I don't want to just...
  4. jay f.

Pic request...AMM bracket/supports

So I currently don't have any type of support for my 012 AMM & I seem to be eating through them pretty quick. Just wanted to see what you guys have done to support your AMM. I have an RSI header and HX35 turbo, so anything similar to that would be awesome, but I'd like to see anything you guys...
  5. jay f.

Worth paying extra for OE volvo crankshaft pulley?

Cheapest price I can find for an OEM volvo crankshaft pulley (harmonic balancer) is $228 over @ Tasca. I can find Dorman or Professional parts Sweden units for around $60. Another option is going the used route, but there is no guarantee on the life of those units. I've also seen others...
  6. jay f.

745 & vs-xx rebuild/color change

So a few months ago I bent up my rear wheel lip pretty bad while driving in the rain. The previous wheel specs were 18x9 et 34 & 18x10 et34 5x108. So I had to run some adapters to make them fit, 32mm up front and 25mm in the rear. So since I had to buy new lips anyway I decided to rebuild all...
  7. jay f.

740 740 ignition cylinder lock movement (video)

As of about two weeks ago I've been having a lot of problems getting my car to start. I was already in the process of replacing parts in anticipation of a road trip this summer, so I had the starter rebuilt locally by a very reputable shop. I also bought & installed a new electrical ignition...
  8. jay f.

What is the OD of a 91' 740 fuel filter (Bosch 0450905601)

Trying to figure out the diameter of the stock Bosch 0450905601 filter body. The filter currently on the car is rusted to crap on the surface, so I'm not able to tell if it's stock or not. I did measure the OD though and it was around 55mm.
  9. jay f.

"Retro Turbo" 740 engine mounts?

Anyone have personal experience with these? They look to replace the hydraulic mounts, not the older solid mounts, but I can't really tell. Anyone use any of their parts in general? http://www.retroturbo.com/?product=polyurethane-engine-mount-8v-b200-b230-2
  10. jay f.

Saab 240mm PP + what disc= 350+ tq capacity

So I got my nice flat jvab flywheel and a saab 240mm PP (3082 217 232). Having a hard time deciding on which disc would be best. For reference, my current setup is the stock dog dish with a red clutchnet PP & a 4 puck disc with kevlar one side and organic on the other. All mated to a getrag. I...
  11. jay f.

urgent! 91 740t radio suppresion relay plug wire order

Need to be somewhere at 7pm. For some dumb reason when i got home i found my new radio suppression relay in the mail, from good ole fcp. Decided i'd install it before heading out. Go to start the car, no start. Put the old relay back on, no start. Then i noticed 3 of the wires have pulled out of...
  12. jay f.

RSI headers & spark plug wire clearance

Just wanted to see if anyone else was cooking spark plug wires, on the regular, with the RSI headers? I'm talking about their twin scroll top mount 8v headers. And if so what have you done to compbat it? I'm currently using some of these...
  13. jay f.

New pics of my improved 740... (a lot of pics!)

Started a new thread for my car pics, because apparently the site i used before deleted all my old pics. So I'll try to keep updated pics on this thread... first before... After the matching SE rear bumper was painted and installed & v90 tailgate handle also painted and installed. Also...
  14. jay f.

Car still running like crap after monsoon (740)

Now when I say monsoon I'm not kidding. It was one of those storms where you fear for your life while driving. Aka I could barely see the tail lights on the car that was a few lengths in ahead of me. And to top it off car was missfiring like crazy. Felt like i was driving a tractor or a...
  15. jay f.

My car doesn't like new spark plug wires

So I went to replace my old magnecor wires with some nice new kingsborne wires and for some reason the car ran like crap. The kingsborne wires did require the removal of the threaded spark plug terminals to attach, not sure if this can be the source of the problem, but it's the only new variable...
Back