• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by Volvo242ft

1. V

Virgo Color

Hey all, I have a set of Straight Virgo's in my basement. I just picked up a Grey 1992 245 that i want to put them on. Here is the question. The wheels need to be refinished. I am looking to make them the original color or close to it. Any thoughts on what paint color to use? Jonathan
  2. V

Posi diff.

I picked up a 92 245 the other day with a clunking rear end. Took the diff cover off and found it had a posi rear. Pretty rare i think but non the less. Something is broken inside, haven't pulled it apart yet. But it looks like the spider gears or the shafts are broken. Has anyone rebuilt...
  3. V

B230FT swap in a 245

Just thought I would put out a little post to see if anyone has any easy tricks to make this work. I am taking a engine and harness with computers out of a totaled 92 940 turbo. I am going to put it in my 92 240 wagon. I have been looking at wiring diagrams, and have already done this in...
  4. V

Ignition coil questions

So i just moved my distributor from the head to the block in my 88 744ti. everything came out great... except the coils are different where the coil wire goes. So here is my question, i have looked in all our manuals at the Volvo dealer i work at. Does anyone know if the out put of a 240 coil...
  5. V

940 Drivers seat

I took out my wifes tan seats out of her 940 turbo and put in black seats. They are both power and i made them work correctly. Here is the problem. It feels like the drivers seat does not go down enough, to the point the steering wheel hits her legs. Anyone run into this issue? I know at...
  6. V

Volvo 740 Spoiler

So my friend got me a set of the european spoiler splitters for a wedding gift to me and my wife.... more to me i think... The whole site he got them off of is in swedish. Does anyone have any tips or advice, and or experience installing these on the car? Any info would be greatly appreciated...
  7. V

Spoiler splitters

Hey guys, I got a set of spoiler splitters for my 740 from my best friend for my birthday. I was just wondering if anyone had any advice or experience with installing these after i paint them. Any information would be greatly welcomed. Thanks. Jonathan
  8. V

EGT readings

Anyone on here running a Pyrometer? And if so what are you running for EGT readings?
  9. V

Quick Question.

On a 88 740 turbo with 2.2, a friend wants to know. Do you go through all the trouble with the brown-tops and resistors, or do you just put in the 785's out of a 850 turbo?
  10. V

Limited Slip

Got the chance to buy a Limited slip that was in one of my co-workers race cars. Its pre 85 240. I have been chasing part numbers and found that it will go in my 88 740 turbo, but it does not have a sensor wheel. Anyone have any luck taking the sensor wheel of another open diff and putting it on...
  11. V

Fuel Injector benefits

Just wondering. I see some posts on the orange top injectors. Any Benefit to adding Orange top injectors to a 94 B230F+T with water injection (meth). I am currenty running green tops, but have a set of orange and brown tops. Any info on this subject would be greatly appriciated.
  12. V

For sale at Swedish car day

I have 3 New Canisto wheels in boxes for sale. I am attending swedish car day. Thought i would toss that out to see if anyone is interested in buying them. 125.00 each.
  13. V

Swedish Car day Maine Departure

Hey guys, My father (who is driving the white wagon in my sig) and I are going to be going to swedish car day in mass this year. We are coming from augusta ME. Didn't know if anyone else from the New England area was thinking about going. Thought it might be a little nice to caravan down...
  14. V

Max boost on an 850R

Just wondering what you all are running for max boost on an 850R?
  15. V

Exhaust Gas Temp Readings

Just ordered a pyrometer and was wondering if any one is running one. Also i was wondering what the normal readings are on a 740 turbo. I have a pretty good idea, but not sure what the ceiling is on the readings. Any info would be great. Thanks Jonathan
Back