• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. mbaker

spray paint jobs

i am looking to just spray paint my project car (not a lot of cash... and its a track car) can you guys show me some of your work. i am looking to make it look good, so if you have any tips please let me know, what all you did and what kind of paint you used. thanks mike
  2. mbaker

1981 242 track car build

so on sunday 21FEB10 i picked up a 242 for a steal. the guy wanted $600 for the car, i was able to talk him down to $350. then his room mate had a 740 turbo wagon he wanted to get rid of, so i picked that up for $50! so now i have a project car with a good frame and decent body, and a motor...
  3. mbaker

score of the year!... and a question

so i just picked up a 1981 242DL, and a 89-91 (not sure of the year need to look at it some more) 745 turbo, both for $400!!! the 242 needs some work but runs, and i need to get the 745 started but other than than a nice score! but when i do get the wagon over to my place what all do i need to...
  4. mbaker

good buy?

i have a question for all those out there that know a lot more about RWD volvos than i do. i am going to go look at this 1981 242 this weekend, i dont know how many miles are on it, straight body, 4spd manual (may need new clutch) and has a slight oil leak from the head gasket. he is asking...
  5. mbaker

78 242 upgrade questions

hi i have been out of the volvo RWD game for a while and need some help. i am looking into getting a 78 242 and have some quick questions. it is a N/A auto and i would like to change that. i am going to be using this as a project but in the mean time before i start tearing it all apart i...
  6. mbaker

544 motor

what motor would i be able to put into one? i found one that is just a body but no motor or trans. what would fit and where can i find one for cheap? thanks mike
  7. mbaker

need some help, with payment!

Hey guys I need some fast help from someone in or near great lakes Illinois. I have a 240 there that needs to be moved and held onto until someone will buy it from me or be able to take it to my house in Maryland. This car needs to be picked up preferably tomorrow (the 29th) or very very...
  8. mbaker

850 rpm tap

hey i posted over on VS but i just thought i would ask here also. i am looking to hook up my Apexi AVCR II EBC and i need to find a good place to get the rpm signal from. they are telling me the neg side of the coil that is apparently behind the air box but then some one says that wont work...
  9. mbaker

little meet

well i met up with smith and mike again to finish up some work on my car and to go for a little drive. we got alot of work done, i finished my gauge install, we put new bushings on my altenator, fix a boost problem i was having, the turned to boost up. then we went for a drive and i took some...
  10. mbaker

questions

first is a maitnace question, i have a 1985 244TIC and when it hits 6psi at 3k rpm and up to about 3.5k rpm (havent been able to check it out past that) it seems to be holding back. like you can feel a diferance when you are down around 2k-2.5k rpm at like 6psi then you hit 3k-3.5k rpm it just...
  11. mbaker

my history+new

this is a history of my volvos through pictures. my first was a red 1992 volvo 240, it was a n/a auto but was a great car only had my license for 6 months before i totaled it by speeding/inexperiance/stupidness/wet roads i only have these pics but this car saved minimum my legs from being broken...
  12. mbaker

some pics... 56k!!!

some of you may have seen some of these over on vs. i am trying to get back into the RWD volvos but also stay in the FWD ones too. i have not been on here for almost a year since i got my yellow so i just thought i would post some pics of it so you guys dont think im too much of a n00b. and...
  13. mbaker

16v head

is there any way to put a 16v head on a 8v? and no this is not a dumb question my friend who has a turboed honda did something just like it to his. he had a single cam the went to a new head that was dual cam and he made close to 500whp (then he blew it up). i know from talking to him that all...
  14. mbaker

OD not working!!!!

hey right now i am driving my moms 1992 740 wagon while i wait for my new car. but i have a problem with that car. i only have 3 gears, 1st 2nd and 3rd it will not shift into OD. can some one maybe tell me what is wrong with it? thanks mike
  15. mbaker

show me yours

i would like to see alot of pics of your yellow 850 t5r's. please post many pics. thanks mike
  16. mbaker

intakes

i am looking for some intake ideas for n/a cars. it would be great to see 740 and 940 cars but will also like to see some 240's. thanks mike
  17. mbaker

volvo 940

i have a quick question. does my 1992 volvo 940GL N/A have a multi-link rear suspention? thanks mike
  18. mbaker

blue led's

i am looking for the blue led's that Andreas_940 has in his car. he sent me a web site with them but i cant read german or what not. so has any one eles here done that conversion on there car? or do you know where i can get them? thanks alot mike
  19. mbaker

volvo meet at my house

ok maybe not a volvo meet but there were 5 volvo's there. here are some pics. the s80 is my g/f the 850 is my dads the 940 is mine the 740 is the one we drive whenever and the 960 is my moms this is my babys car i washed it and waxed it for her today.... she was very greatful :-P this is...
  20. mbaker

new exahust

i am going to get a new exahust. the one from eurosporttuning.com for the N/A 940. has anyone here got this exahust before? if so how does it sound? and do i have tot do any welding? and could i see some pics of it if you do have one? thanks mike
Back