• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. tomtyres

Lydden hill, Uk, BHP show bank hol monday!

Hi, I know it will be filled with more subs and bodykits than a saturday night in essex, but it's 12quid to get in and 20quid for 15mins of track time!!! :-D I'm thinking a few 'old man volvo's' ripping the arse out of some rice rockets! :oogle: I'm def going with my family, and i'm def going...
  2. tomtyres

Will this turbo setup work?

Hi, I came across a turbo today and bought it! It looked good and big, but will my theory work? I'm gonna machine a bridging plate from thick steel plate and include a take off for a e-bay special external wastegate. I know it's a massive turbo and will cause loads of lag (if it spins up at...
  3. tomtyres

Hi, What cuts the boost on my '89 740?

Hello, I've been trawling the threads for some info regarding 'fuel-cut' on volvo turbo's. I own a 2.3 turbo manual 740 on an F-plate (88-89) which i've fitted a 15g turbo from my old T-5. It's also been fitted with a powertech cone filter, better intake hoses and a budget MBC. I've upped the...
  4. tomtyres

740 2.3 hpt fuel cut??

Hi, Will my 740 have a similar fuel cut at 14psi as my 850 T5 did??? Cheers, Tom.
  5. tomtyres

My new beast, ready for sleepering up!

Here she is, 2.3 8v turbo manual. loving it already! :)
  6. tomtyres

850 T-5 Breathing oil??

Hello every1! I have a slight problem with my t5 leaking oil from a strange open hole in the top of the rocker, the breather pipe is not kinked or blocked and the oil level is about 1/3 full, when i drive it for about 10 miles the oil is flowing out of the hole, across the top of the rocker, out...
  7. tomtyres

Southend Cruise, UK Sat 8th July

Hello every1! :) anyone fancy a roll down to the Southend Cruise on saturday night? I`m new to the forum so i`m not sure if any of you guys are anywhere near the southeast of England? :???: If anyone is interested then we could meet at the Thurrock services (jct30/31 M25) at about 7pm. Its...
  8. tomtyres

Smoking T5 ;.(

Hi everyone, I have just bought my first 850 T5 and it is brilliant!! It has a small problem though, I attempted to service it my-self but i overfilled it with oil by about 1/2 litre. I drove it about 5 miles before i realised and emptied some out. since then when i start it up it puffs out a...
Back