• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. Harlard

The Unofficial IPD 2024 Thread - 5/18/2024 [ESTIMATED] Portland, OR

WHO IS COMING UP TO THE TOP LEFT THIS YEAR?
  2. Harlard

BMW 6-speed box users: What are your impressions?

You know, as another alternative, to compare to the CD009. More expensive new (like $5000 from the dealer), so choices are limited to used boxes. If you have a -37BZ or -53BZ box, post your experiences.
  3. Harlard

240: New Trunk Seal, now trunk lid won't sit flush

Per threat title: trunk lid sits too high relative to the shut line at the base of the rear window. Is there a vertical alignment provision in the hinges? I have been unable to find anything referring to this in the greenbooks. Thanks in advance.
  4. Harlard

CD009 users: What are your impressions?

Specifically, do you experience the resonant vibrations so common to the T5s?
  5. Harlard

The Unofficial IPD 2023 Thread - 5/20/2023 Portland, OR

Taro won’t break my multi year thread posting streak Get Ready For IPD's Garage Sale 2023! 2023-03-14 Event Info Information regarding events taking place at Garage Sale will be updated regularly as we get closer to the date of the show. Thank you It's that time again where we are ready...
  6. Harlard

The Unofficial IPD 2022 Thread - 5/21/2022 Portland, OR

https://www.ipdusa.com/Articles/1032/Get-Ready-For-IPD-s-Garage-Sale-2022? Get your bodies ready.
  7. Harlard

240 Car needs paint; car needs sunroof seal

So my 242's sunroof seal finally bit the dust and it's time to have a shop (correct, I'm not tackling this one). Considering that most shops want around $500 to do the job, this is something that I would rather only have done once. The paint on the top half of the car is also sad and the whole...
  8. Harlard

Cable Speedo Drive - Digital converter

Hey all, Hoping to get an easy solution to this problem: I'm about to install a T-5 that does not possess a cable speedometer drive. There are a couple of digital to cable swap boxes that will drive it at the correct speed. Are there adapters available to get either cable to work with a VDO...
  9. Harlard

240 Exhaust S tailpipe

Working on a solution to reduce the remaining drone that my exhaust produces. I came to wonder whether the stock S tailpipe bend has something to do with this. So, what is your take? What do you think the function was for this thing? There was additional cost so it must have had a point, right?
  10. Harlard

16v Timing Belt Alignment

Hi all, happy week 3 of social distancing! For any of youse running a +16v setup, particularly of the Yoshifab variety with a Gates T252 belt: My timing belt is currently fairly misaligned, currently running way forward at the crank sprocket to the point of pushing against the front washer...
  11. Harlard

The Unofficial IPD 2020 Thread - 5/16/2020 Portland, OR

May 16th, 2020 is our Annual IPD USA Garage Sale, Swap Meet and Car Show. We look forward to this event each year and we’re excited for the days events, including: games, prizes, giveaways, sale pricing on all of our inventory and much more! We hope to see you here for this great event...
  12. Harlard

Davis 2020: April 25-26, 2020 [CANCELLED]

So really, when will it be? Also, hi Gary :wave: Also, Harlard...reservations are open! https://www.ggvcoa.com/store-reservations/
  13. Harlard

300 Badge Time?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/lohtlhXj2T4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe> Final numbers were 280hp at 6700 RPM and 240 lbs ft at 5200 at the wheels. 10 PSI...
  14. Harlard

MS3X internal knock detection - settings?

Hi all, This is in regard to https://www.diyautotune.com/product/ms3-knock-module-kit/ Wondering whether anybody has gotten a starting point for B23/B230s using these modules and whether they'd be willing to share their TS settings. Thanks in advance!
  15. Harlard

MS3X+DSM CAS - No cam signal

Hi all, Been following Nick's guide and the MS3X hardware manual for this: there is zero cam signal. CAS produces a good cam signal when the channel is switched to the crank input on the mainboard, so a sensor and harness issue has been ruled out. I see a non-pulled up cam signal output at the...
  16. Harlard

The Unofficial 2019 IPD Garage Sale Thread

https://www.ipdusa.com/blogs/463/2019-ipd-garage-saleMain Events Sale Counter Open - 9:30am - 12:00pm Swap Meet - 9:00am - 3:00pm Car Show - 9:00am - 3:00pm Show’n Shine - 9:00am -3:00pm Raffle/Auction - 11:00am and 1:00pm Other All Day Events Music and games will be...
  17. Harlard

Davis 2019 April 27th-28th

Getting the ball rolling a bit late this year. Car is in pieces but I hope I can get it back together in time.
  18. Harlard

Rear R brake Calipers in 240 - Hard Lines

Hi all, For those that have made this rear conversion before, is there an off-the-shelf solution available to get the rear brakes to work? Thanks
  19. Harlard

240 Air Conditioning Retrofit

Hi all, I have been wanting to run some form of air conditioning for a while now that the summers in the PNW are getting actually warm, and road trips to California can be slightly unbearable with all windows open at 90 MPH with the cabin still at 100 degrees...not ideal. Recently I...
  20. Harlard

Socal Euro 2018

Alright, who's all showing up this year?
Back