• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. neurot75

940 manual swap questions

Ok so i know these swaps are fairly straight forward. I used to have a 740 turbo with an m46, but got into an accident. Found a 740 wagon body in good shape and swapped the engine/m46 into that. Did not do this myself but had a shop do it who are familiar with older Volvos. They did it fairly...
  2. neurot75

Wagon vs. Sedan IPD sways

I have a '91 740 turbo wagon on my hands and im about to do a suspension job (not myself but a shop that i know really well) doing shox, springs and the axle stabilizer. I want to get ipd sways also, but right now they're selling them for $336 which is ridiculous. I look for used ones and all...
  3. neurot75

Need help keeping the rev's down

Hey guys. Ive done a search, looked around here and there and found some things, but not enough. Here's my prob - my car eats gas like crazy and is geared way too high. I think it has 4.10:1 gears and im running the M46, so when im doing almost 70mph im at exactly 3k rpm's cruising. First gear...
  4. neurot75

Flywheel question

I gots me a question about flywheels. About how much does a stock one weigh on a 90's 740? Reason i ask is because now that i got the 740 wagon back and after riding around in teh old school first gen eclipse for a while im really not used to it, the volvo responce feels really heavy and...
  5. neurot75

testing

testing my sig, for some reason it dissapeared right before my eyes
  6. neurot75

Suspension questoin

Didnt feel like posting this in the maintenance for some reason. But how hard is it to swap springs and shox on a 740? ive never done any big repairs on cars, and to have a shop do it it'll be around $200. so yea is it hard? are there any tutorials online that talk about this?
  7. neurot75

Stock-Mild rebuild of B230Ft

Im planning to bring back my 740 wagon and rebuild the engine, since hte guy i was trying to sell it to renigged on me after a couple of months of waiting. But at least he let me keep the $200 deposit. What a wierdo. Anyway me and my local mech are pretty sure that the engine dropped a rod. He...
  8. neurot75

Quick cam-gear question

Im planning to maybe fix my 740 wagon, if anyone at all rememberes that i had one and that the engine blew.... whatever. When i had it it was converted from an auto to M46 tranny. Im pretty sure that the axle gears are differnet for the trannies so with the stick it was mroe responsive and...
  9. neurot75

Thinking of getting...

My engine said bye bye. so im on a quest for a new car. the 68 fastback is gonna have to wait, i need a good reliable DD. I went car shopping/testing the other day, drove a mini cooper S - didnt really like it not as fast as i thought and too expensive, and i also drove a 01 integra LS, i was...
  10. neurot75

Wheels - Polaris

Im wondering and ive been looking and searchin, are there any state side moderately priced deep dish wheels that are as deep and/or as nice looing as Polaris wheels? When i get new rims for my car i really want to get somethign with a deep dish, but im having a hard time finding ANY. theres only...
  11. neurot75

Possible starter problem but i dunno

So now on my new car im having this problem where almost every time when i drive for a little while and i park it, like say to go to a diner or to a store and come back to start it up and leave it wont start. Heres what happens: everything works all lights and radio and wehn i try to start it...
  12. neurot75

Cant find certain thread

Ok so i can get this 240, i think late 80's for $50. the problem is is that it wont go over about 40 mph. Now i remember reading about this somewhere and i think i remember that its not that big of a problem, but im having a hard time finding a write up or a thread about this, i thought i saw it...
  13. neurot75

Reverse light doesnt work-no relay/bulb/etc

I recently had a shop do an engine/tranny swap on my new 91' 740 wagon from an auto to my old m46 and now when i go in reverse the lights dont go on, i checked they bulbs they were fine. im guessing they lazy stupid bastards forgot to connect the tranny to the reverse lights when they were...
  14. neurot75

Changing bolt patterns

I was thinking would it be too hard, too much trouble or just not worth, or maybe even impossible to change the bolt pattern on our cars? because im looking at some new rims and our 5x108 is a little hard to come by. aside from volvo rims which i do like, the only ones left are some Ford ones...
  15. neurot75

Car jerks when i enter boost

Hey guys, my car's been acting strange lately and I just wanted to get some ideas as to what hit might be. Lately when i drive, and this happens mainly on the highway or anytime i have to rev the car and tis in a gear higher than 2nd, the car starts to jerk intermittenly and with no patter. The...
  16. neurot75

Do i have Bendix or Girling calipers?

Hey guys, its time to get new break pads, drove through the city the other day and it kidna scared me how mushy and slow the breaks are; although they rarely squeak and they are really old. So im gonna order up some new break pads but i really dont know what calipers i have Bendix or Girling? I...
  17. neurot75

Engine has a double personality

So my car is acting really funny lately, its almost as if its laughing at me. Lately its been stalling out on me at random. I would be going down a street and with no warning, no rumble or shakes or anythign the engine shuts off and everythign else with it. THe car just dies in a matter of a...
  18. neurot75

Engine has a double personality

So my car is acting really funny lately, its almost as if its laughing at me. Lately its been stalling out on me at random. I would be going down a street and with no warning, no rumble or shakes or anythign the engine shuts off and everythign else with it. THe car just dies in a matter of a...
  19. neurot75

Breakpads?

What are some breakpad brands out there that are relaly good for volvos, that ould fit volvo rotors, if thats an issue. (cuz everythgin seems to be an issue with volvos, very tight market on parts..)
  20. neurot75

My shifter got really hot

So i was driving around last night and i noticed that my shifter was hot, unnaturally hot. It was hot mostly in the boot area and the first half of the acutal shifter. this doesnt seem right, what could it be? THe other day i took off my center concoul to clean it up and under it and see if i...
Back