• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. 2

Timing doesn’t make sense

Do you know that TDC is TDC?.
  2. 2

Advice on Rust/Rot on 240?

A lot of the cars that I restored years ago were classic and vintage. Back then you could get factory original parts. The aftermarket parts today are/ take your chances and see what you can get, some fitting and mods are needed. It is an art, and you have to know how to work with metal. I made...
  3. 2

Advice on Rust/Rot on 240?

Rust never ends and to fix it..... well, is it worth it? Fixed rusty cars for 40 years when I did restorations, but they were worth big bucks when gone. Fixed some minor rust on my 1961 MG Midget [owned since Apr'75] and spent 1,000 to 1,200 hours restoring it to MY Specs because I could. Things...
  4. 2

FCP Euro @ Lime Rock Park, CT - Next Sunday, April 14, 2024

Sorry I missed you. We just got back with the "Overlander" from our trip to West Texas, 30 days,5,500 miles!
  5. 2

wiper thing

Had mine come apart years ago doing some Christmas eve shopping. Went to a K mart bought some tools and was able to put the camwheel back on the stem, had to take out the glove box to gain access to the part. I since drilled and tapped the stem for bolts to hold it together.
  6. 2

FCP Euro @ Lime Rock Park, CT - Next Sunday, April 14, 2024

Went to the meet today. I drove the V8 2 Door Wagon, My wife drove our '87 Overlander, great day and a good time. Met many great folks and made some new friends. Next show, Carlisle! see you there in May!
  7. 2

seat foam bottoms, are they all the same?

Have a seat from a '87, looks to be in G/C will have to strip off the cover to see the condition of the foam.
  8. 2

Do these Tires look wierd? I think they look wierd.

We have 235/75/15 Geolanders on"15x"6[ATS/8?] wheels on our "3 lifted '87 245. Yes I had to open up the top of the wheel wells[front] and add clearance to the rear and add fender flares. No rubbing issues otherwise. 2- 5,000+trips miles later, [Canada and to West Texas] no issues. Will head back...
  9. 2

vented vs solid rotors on 240

The spindle is not the issue, the vented rotors and calipers are needed to change over to make them work. I put them on my '78 V8 wagon, cross drilled, BTW front and rear. All of our wagons [4] have cross drilled rotors. Will do my wife's S60 now that we have gotten home from our trip out West.
  10. 2

Rear end clunk - possibilities?

Get under the car and look at all the suspension parts. Look for rubber missing from the bushings! Check all the bolts etc.
  11. 2

Lifted 240 massive camber/toe change when reversing

The tie rod ends are another issue, too much stress on the bolt that far [single shear] away from the steering arm, and drilled out for the bolt? Kiss the struts goodbye! if you want to install stock tie rod ends. I don't know all of the parts and work done but it does not look good to me. I...
  12. 2

Lifted 240 massive camber/toe change when reversing

I see bump steer issues. With toe in {how much do you have?] when backing up you get toe out. What is up with the lower ball joint? looks scary to me. Built our "Overlander" with the kit from BDW. The kit was amazing. Too bad he isn't making kits now. Went to Canada last summer {5K miles}...
  13. 2

Thoughts on Drive Shaft Thiccness? (diameter)

Made mine for the V8 wagon back in '88 from a '62 Caddy. 350,
  14. 2

Dead Headlights Quad round

I have a set of the low and high beam lights that you can put the H series bulbs in.
  15. 2

Slotted Rotors

My question is why?
  16. 2

Slotted Rotors

Which way do they go? Looking at the front right rotor. Do the slots go / or do they go \, I've seen both?
  17. 2

Larger Tire sizes for my 1980 265 GLE?

I run 215/70/14's on the rear of the V8 Wagon, 205/70/14' on the front of the V8 Wagon, FWIW.
  18. 2

'89 240 - Trouble Getting Coolant Temperature Sensor Screwed In

Changed many of them. Pull the intake. Also, the intake gasket can be bad. I cut the gasket between the intake runners, less chance of gasket creep.
  19. 2

T10 transmission swap

Back in '96-97 I put one in my friends 1980 242 he was the original owner. Along with the T-10 we also put in a 350 Chevy in it, sort of the clone to my V8 wagon, also painted it the same color. I had to make the shift rods longer to get the shifter through the stock shifter hole. A combination...
Back