• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. quillc

LH Fuel Rail inline gauge adapter?

Back in the day, I remember seeing a 745 here locally in Seattle that the owner had a fuel gauge setup on a little block that was inserted in between the fuel line and the rail. Does anyone remember that and/or know where that little block came from? As I recall he had pieced it together and...
  2. quillc

240 M46 Clutch Cable Firewall Tearout

Is your clutch pedal mysteriously sinking? Does it engage right off the floor? Have you adjusted the cable to the very limit of its travel and it doesn't seem to make any difference? You have likely suffered the dreaded clutch cable firewall tearout. If you look a the pictures at the beginning...
  3. quillc

XXX rootbeer drive in Swedish car show 2019

Its coming up again. scheduled for 2/10 (Sunday) at the XXX Rootbeer Drive In in Issaquah. Anyone going?
  4. quillc

TruTrac setup

Hi all, Looking at (finally) installing my TrueTrac high preload LSD in my DD. I'm changing to a 3.73 gear ratio from the 3.31 that are in the car now. Looking for anyone else's experience setting one up. 1. Did you measure pinion depth? 2. If you did, what tool did you use? 3. When...
  5. quillc

Volvo KLM frame spec drawings

Hi all. I found these in my local automotive book store and bought them. I figured that there would be some people here that could use them. The link is here: www.yv1a.com/projects. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you can click on the link to bring up a pdf. There are drawings...
  6. quillc

XXX Rootbeer Drive In 2018

XXX is coming up again. The site says 2/12, but is labeled 2017. My presumption is that no one has updated for 2018 yet and the date is Sunday 2/11.
  7. quillc

Your cell phone mounting solution

Hi all, Living in the great progressive state of Washington, they (the loving, caring, nosey ass government) were thoughtful enough to make holding a cell phone while in the car (unless parked) illegal. You can still operate one to make calls, listen to podcasts etc. while driving - you just...
  8. quillc

valve stem seal tool

Having a hell of a time installing new valve stem seals without mashing the sh*t out of them. Green book lists Volvo special tool 99952219 which of course I don't have. Anyone have a good alternate?
  9. quillc

Brakes pumping up

I'd like to relate a recent experience. I was driving home recently moving along at a nice clip on 405. Looked down and noticed that the car was getting relatively warm. When I took my foot out of it, I realized that I had my foot down a lot more than it should have been even at 75. As I came...
  10. quillc

Strange electrical issues with windows/lights

1991 245. I've been having a weird issue with the electrical system. Symptoms: 1. Power windows work sporadically. 2. OD relay (AW71) buzzes sporadically. 3. Periodically, the battery will run down and die when parked. The car is wired to automatically turn on/off the lights with the...
  11. quillc

Full throttle NA run

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/t883phsMc1w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> Just for fun. Recorded on a Cobra 840 GPS dash cam.
  12. quillc

Degree wheel useage

Anybody on the board set their cam up with a degree wheel? thx, Chris
  13. quillc

embed video

I've seen a bunch of people embed (youtube) video into their posts, but can't seem to figure it out myself. The and tags don't seem to do the trick - and I've searched till I'm blue in the face. So, what is the secret?
  14. quillc

Random Lean Condition

I have recently been having a random lean condition. I suspect a bad lift pump (pre pump/transfer pump, whatever you want to call it). The car: 1983 242DL. NA car. B23F high compression. slightly milled for a head cleanup back when. Likely around 10.5:1. Knocks on regular unleaded (I run...
  15. quillc

Broken link

The article 'Compressor bypass and blow off valves (Anthony Hyde)' link on the modifications articles page is broken: http://wwwrsphysse.anu.edu.au/~amh110/Technical_pages/blow_off_valve.htm The updated link is: http://people.physics.anu.edu.au/~amh110/blow_off_valve.htm
  16. quillc

90+ manifold on K jet

Did a little searching, without much success. 84 242 GLT. Stock intercooled K-jet system. Stock Garrett turbo (as far as I know). The turbo seals blew (smoking substantially at idle after coming to idle for 15 seconds or so, doesn't smoke on power, doesn't smoke on decel) so I'm swapping to a...
  17. quillc

Shifter location different in M46?

I have two M46s. The top one I know is from a 240 (I removed it). The other is from a 740? The shifter location is much farther back just above the output flange. The output flanges are also different. How difficult is it to remove the shifter bar and replace it? It looks like you have to...
  18. quillc

EZK part number chart

I am looking for a chart that shows EZK part numbers and their different applications (240/740, turbo/NA and so on) similar to the ECU chart that I tracked down online.
  19. quillc

LH 2.1? Anybody heard of it?

I'm breaking an 84 760 GLE with a B23FT. Its going into an 83 242. Everything that I have read here says that the B23FT should be LH2.0. I'm disconnecting the harness to pull the engine and start noticing things. It has a later style distributor, a later style knock sensor, no ignition computer...
  20. quillc

The (More Fun) Daily Driver Build

I commute a lot. 67 mi each way every day. Being in the Seattle area, we have this puddle in the way of everything. I'm only 23 miles from work as the crow flies - all of the rest is driving around the puddle. That and the local planners can't seem to build a road that travels straight for more...
Back