• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. varg

AW71 Constant line pressure.

I have been wondering, is there a way to dissociate kickdown cable position with line pressure in the AW71? It's been a while since I looked at an aw71 valve body, but I remember the kickdown cable connecting to a cam, but I don't know what it looks like past that. Does anyone have valve body...
  2. varg

240 Another one (aw71) bites the dust?

Long story short, installed a locker with a friend of mine today, tested it by doing a couple of burnouts. On the 3rd I stood on the brakes a little harder to burn rubber while standing still and it clunked hard so I let off. Now I have no neutral (moves forwards) and no reverse (acts like a...
  3. varg

B21FT ignition maps

I'm looking for some good B21FT ignition maps for comparison purposes. I'd also like to see a map of the stock B21FT ignition advance curve if anyone has it. Thanks in advance.
  4. varg

240 AC wiring diagram (1985)

Can someone direct me to it? I'm not having any luck finding it.
  5. varg

240 Relay/chime location

I'm not getting voltage at the windshield washer pump connector. Wiring appears to be intact, I suspect the wiper/washer relay is bad, but I can't find the damn thing. Where is it? How about the door chime? I can hear it, but I can't seem to find it either. (edit) Almost forgot, my radio shuts...
  6. varg

240 Weird boost issue

I'm having a frustrating and strange boost issue. When I start off in 1st, it will shoot straight to my set boost level (15psi) and stay there until I redline it. Once I shift into second, the boost falls gradually to 7-10psi and fluctuates. If I floor it in 2nd or higher, the boost may or may...
  7. varg

240 Leaky throttle body

I have been chasing an elusive boost leak for some time and finally got my smoke testing rig built today and found them. Smoke was coming out of the idle adjustment knob threads, throttle position switch and throttle arm. The only thing not leaking on the throttle body is the gasket between it...
  8. varg

240 Speedometer cable leak (AW71)

I've got a slow drip coming out around the speedometer cable on my AW, but nobody around here stocks the seal :grrr: Can someone tell me the diameter of the o-ring so I can pick one up and stop losing $$$ transmission fluid? Also, please tell me that I don't need to drain the tranny (AGAIN) to...
  9. varg

240 AW71 - did I kill it?

I'm on the side of the road right now with a transmission that just whirrs and doesn't move the car in drive, 2 and 1 but works fine in reverse. I just did the accumulator mod today too...on the 1-2 shift under full boost it just gave out. So, is it dead or is there something I could have done...
  10. varg

A 240 at the park

Yesterday was a great day for my 240, it got a photoshoot, a new radiator and a trip to the drag strip.
  11. varg

240 AC charging

I had a working AC system until the end of last year when I accidentally bumped a hose on the back of the compressor hard enough to cause it to partially unscrew and leak refrigerant. After that, the AC no longer blew cold air. I've tightened it down and know the system isn't totally empty. I'm...
  12. varg

General lack of power, stuttering, stumped...

I am experiencing a somewhat puzzling lack of power with some strange symptoms. My car was performing better before, but it seems it's slowly been losing performance since I last checked and now it's getting frustratingly slow. Today I did a 0-60 test and was stunned when I got an 8.75s time...
  13. varg

Terminally ill: my car's cancer

Diagnosis; rust Some people have asked me why I say my car isn't worth saving. This is an insight into it. Not shown: the bent frame.
  14. varg

240 AMM adjustment screw has no effect

I've been trying to sort out the rich running issue my car has had for a long time now and I'm at wit's end. I've tried the following with the test tool described in the LH2.2 Browntops thread and with a volt meter to no avail: Fixed all vacuum/boost leaks Installed a new O2 sensor Cleaned fuel...
  15. varg

240 Miss at highway speeds

Maybe it's that it's late and my brain is operating poorly because I'm tired but I'm stumped here. I was just out cruising around and noticed that, at highway speeds, as soon as I get near 3,000rpm with anything less than full throttle, the car shudders and will not accelerate. I can hold it...
  16. varg

$5 Intake pressure tester

Got a pesky boost or vacuum leak? Don't want to pay $10 plus shipping to buy a pressure tester on the internet? Here's how to make a simple one, all parts were purchased at ACE hardware for around $5. You will need: 1x Rubber pipe cap, matched to the diameter of the orifice from which you wish...
  17. varg

240 bizzare no start

I just finished changing my (badly stretched) timing belt and cam and now my car won't start. I checked over the alignment crank, intermediate and cam gears many times and it is correct. I have strong spark and fuel. It cranks normally except when it coughs, when it does that, the tach needle...
  18. varg

240 Stock T3 compressor gasket

What is the diameter of the compressor to backing plate gasket on a stock T3 and where can I get it? When rebuilding my T3 the paper gasket disintegrated. The gasket that came with the rebuild kit was the wrong size (too large) and attempts to re-size it were unsuccessful, as was my attempt to...
  19. varg

240 Oil return pipe leak

I just finished putting my car back together after the recent turbo rebuild, I started my car to make sure everything is fine and saw oil dripping profusely from the area where the return goes into the block. I struggled for a long time to get the manifold/turbo assembly on and it appears that...
  20. varg

Turbo rebuild: Compressor nut won't come off

Pretty straightforward problem here. The nut that holds the compressor on my T3 won't come off. I've soaked it with PB blaster and tried box wrenches and sockets while holding the turbine side nut with a vicegrip. It won't even budge! Any recommendations?
Back