• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. cosbySweater

Cosbysweater's 242 Daily Driver. PROJECT GRANDPA

I was searching for a fun older daily driver to replace my boring e320 cdi. I absolutely love that car but my ADHD will not allow me to keep it as my daily. I had bought a 95 W124 wagon under the stipulation that the PO could use it for a few months till a deal went through on another car he...
  2. cosbySweater

Cosbysweater's Lifted Om606 Wagon Build

Well here we go again with another build thread...... I recently sold my turbo ls powered 244 to get a early wagon. I talked to my friends at sts machining and they had one. Ive always been a huge fan of the early scotia cars mainly because my first real car was a 1985 scotia wagon. So we...
  3. cosbySweater

Cosbysweater's Turbo LS 244

So this whole deal started with me buying a daily driver for 1008 dollars from the original owner, i wasn't going to mess with it. Quickly after i bought it i tore it apart and over the past 4 years its had 4 different redblocks in it, none of which ran, the last one that was installed was a...
  4. cosbySweater

converting a d30 240 axle to a 1310 ujoint

i remember reading a long time ago that someone converted a 240 d30 axle to a 1310 u joint using this flange. does anyone recall this or has anyone recently done this for themselves? thanks
  5. cosbySweater

Intercooler airflow and placement questions

Wow its been a while since I posted in here, so I have been working on my daily on and off for the past few months and I just got the ic installed. I wanted the Ic out of the engine bay to prevent heat soak and also to have a little more room. I converted the car to late style a/c as well. So...
  6. cosbySweater

super pro bushing grease

I got super pro rear trailing arm bushings, what type of grease you guys using/recommend in your setups?
  7. cosbySweater

g80 welded flyweight pictures

I have been searching for pictures of a welded g80 just as a reference for when I mod mine here later this week, I remember seeing a picture of one but I cant remember for the life of me where it was, thanks. :)
  8. cosbySweater

Hydraulic throwout bearing m47.

So I don't have my trans out of my car to take measurements myself, but I was wondering has anyone here ever run one in a m46/47? The swap I'm doing would be the easiest to keep the stock hydraulic clutch setup instead of adapting a cable pedal. Yes I know I can use a 740 turbo bellhousing but...
  9. cosbySweater

Cosbysweater's 73 Toyota Hilux (Volvo powered)

Wow 3 build threads at the same time.... Anyways, as a few of you have known I had been daily driving a 73 Toyota Hilux for over a year when my 244 was being worked on, truck had always been reliable except for a few mishaps with the distributor and engine cover deciding to explode :oops:. It...
  10. cosbySweater

cosbysweaters rustbucket racer 78 242

Well I never had a build thread on this site for this car, buttttt I did over on brickspeed, so I had this car as a daily for a while after picking up from andysbeta. I had to sell it back in 2012 due to space constraints, it went through two different owners and now it's back in my possession...
  11. cosbySweater

Kjet issues

Okay so I recently purchased a 79 244, im having a few issues with kjet that are getting worse and I want to nip it in the butt before the car leaves me stranded. Im having a stumble on the freeway while im driving, its for sure a fuel related issue and from what im reading on kjet.org they are...
  12. cosbySweater

Cosbysweater's 244: ATS Brakes All The Things/Wish It Was A CTS-V

So I hadn't really planned on getting another Volvo earlier then 90, this car popped up on craigslist and I just had to take a look at it. Car has a few small spots of rust, and a flakey respray on the roof, not to worried about that as it will be covered by a bike rack. Car is extremely...
  13. cosbySweater

Odd cranking characteristics after engine swap

Okay so I had my car running okay with my old motor in it this is how it was setup, b230fd+t with a bone stock 530 head and bcam. Compression was 9.8:1 it started and idled good drive good to, running a Kia crank sensor and 60-2 flexplate Now it has a b21ft with a unitek stage 4 head and cam...
  14. cosbySweater

Oiling questions on a b21ft

So I've never messed with a b21ft before really but I have a few questions about mine, 1st off what size pipe thread is the stock oil feed off the side of the block? And what size tap do you guys usually use for te stock oil drain in the block? Thanks for the help!
  15. cosbySweater

Sac Peeps Meet!

Okay so i lived up in sacramento for a few years and am returning to the area to visit my girfriend, so im thinking we can have a little mini get together on either friday saturday or sunday. i will be there from the 21-25 so if anyone wants to do some tweeking on their cars, i would be more...
  16. cosbySweater

Fuel and ignition maps needed

I just got my car running on ms2v3.0 and i was wondering if anyone had a base turbo fuel map and ignition map for me. i just want one to build off of, i am running pump gas on a b230f+t as of now
  17. cosbySweater

No injector pulse

Okay so i was driving home from work on friday and my car is running perfect, as it has been for a while now. All of a sudden i loose all power, lights and everything are on but the engine dies. Pull over and i try the normal stuff, check for fuel and spark, okay got fuel at the rail, i got...
  18. cosbySweater

Short Strut coilovers questions (suspension gurus)

I fabbed up my short strut coilovers yesterday, fitted the struts to them and am almost set, just have a few questions for the guys who know what they are talking about :). This is a daily driven car and i am all about comfort, i went to short struts just so i could drop the car a little and...
  19. cosbySweater

New shoes on the 244. Oz 18 inch content

Ill just leave this here :)
  20. cosbySweater

Relaying h4 lights

So im wiring in some h4 into a car and i am going to relay them, heres my question and i havent been able to find anything done similar to what i want to do. Heres the breakdown stock light wiring triggerin a relay, and switced positon i will have a 10g wire from the BJB to the light, and same...
Back