• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. foggyjames

Rare Volvo parts that you have!

That vacuum gauge is a rare one! I've only seen photos of one once before. They were fairly common in the later 300 series (which has a cluster a bit like a 700, with the top corner spaces blanked off on most models). They have a really nice damped motion. The later 200-series version is...
  2. foggyjames

naturally-aspirated redblock launches and accelerations

It's 2005, I still have hair, and my B200'RS' (because they called the original R-Sport engines a B19RS) is still in the 360 shell. It's not the best clip (on a number of levels), but note the closing speed, the point at which you hear the throttles opening, and that that closing speed vanishes...
  3. foggyjames

240 Renix/Bendix crank sensor

Hi All! A friend was in touch a few days ago asking if I knew where to get a replacement for a fairly rare crank angle sensor for a 240 with Bendix / Renix ignition. I think it may have been only on B230Ks, and only for a short period of time (87-ish?). Part number is 1389357. A couple of...
  4. foggyjames

740 cable clutch pedal pics

Hi Team, Does anyone have pictures of a 740 (cable) clutch pedal they could post for me, please? It's just the pedal itself I'm interested in. cheers James
  5. foggyjames

700-series cable clutch?

Greetings TBricks. Long time no new threads...nearly 5 years apparently! Still around, still playing with RWD Volvos...just doing it a bit more quietly...! Tell me...did LHD 700s in the land of freedom (and elsewhere!) ever get cable clutches? IIRC LHD 240s have cable clutches (where RHD are...
  6. foggyjames

Current thinking on turbo selection

Hi all, Long time, no see! I'm vaguely making plans to resurrect Ryan's 700R (for the uninitiated: http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=60342), which I bought a couple of years ago. It currently sits without an engine, but is otherwise not far off being good to go. Sadly, I'm pretty...
  7. foggyjames

Steering null around centre

Long time no new thread, Turbobricks! It's good to be back. I'm seeking your collective wisdom on a steering / suspension issue, as I know there are some pretty wise types on this subject lurking in these parts. I have a 343, but for the purposes of this thread, think of it as having a front...
  8. foggyjames

Polestar C30 PCP Comes to Castle Combe Circuit in Wiltshire (UK)

I've been asked to post up about this very exciting event happening in two weeks time. If you want to see the Polestar C30 in the UK, this is pretty much your only opportunity! I'll be there taking my 343 R-Sport and V70R out on track, all being well. Last year's event was excellent fun, both...
  9. foggyjames

Full Torque thread inserts

I'm hoping to pick your collective brains a little. Do you have any experience with these things...? http://fulltorque.com/sparkplug.htm I have a badly damaged spark plug thread on a Renault 1.4 head (from a 1980 345)...it's supposed to be an M14x1.25, but the first half of the hole has a...
  10. foggyjames

We don't need no darn genuine Garrett hotsides...

...nah...not when there's a pack of cutting discs and a welder sitting around. I present the most awesome* thing I've seen in days... http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showpost.php?p=680310 and http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showpost.php?p=680311 *on several levels... cheers James
  11. foggyjames

New daily driver

98 V70R FWD manual. The one that works, while all the RWD stuff is in pieces... cheers James
  12. foggyjames

164 love

A little video of my 164... <object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HnKX76j4S9Q&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed...
  13. foggyjames

740 Cruise control troubleshooting

Hey guys! We've got a bit of a problem with the cruise install in my housemate's 740. I've read the Brickboard FAQ section, and I have an extract from a green book...but we can't get our retro-fit to work. It's the older 9-pin system. Everything I've metered or tested so far seems fine. +12v is...
  14. foggyjames

MS: Overboost protection?

We suddenly seem to have hit some sort of limiter at around 20psi of boost. AFR and spark timing look healthy. It 'feels' like a limiter in the EMS. Changing the kPa value in the overboost limiter does make the cut-off move, but not go away. You can run the highest boost without hitting the...
  15. foggyjames

240-style head "dizzy plug / seal" not sealing?

Howdy folks, We don't seem to be able to get the 240-style seal which goes in place of the dizzy on a 530/531 (which doesn't use a dizzy) to stop throwing oil out for a living. Is it a consumable...i.e. is a replacement likely to make the problem go away? Is it a fitment issue? Any advice? It...
  16. foggyjames

1979 343 DL "Oettinger"

So I bought another 343. Oops. :rofl: Background: Two and a half years ago, a guy in Germany appeared on Volvo300Mania with some rare-as-hell parts to sell...namely the front spoiler and rims used on early "R-Sport" and "Oettinger" kitted 343s...long before the B19 version (on which my other...
  17. foggyjames

Lean running on #3 on EFI manifold?

When we ran Ryan's 740 on the dyno, it was running lean on #3. It idled a bit like a Subaru, and #3's plug was white-ish, while the rest were healthy. We've had the injectors (the main suspect) flow tested, and they're spot on. I suppose the next port of call is to check that a valve isn't...
  18. foggyjames

262C & 97 940 photoshoot

We had a 3-day weekend here last weekend, and Martin has only just got his 262C back on the road...so we decided to have a mini-photoshoot. The pictures aren't amazing, but I'm quite pleased with a couple of them, given that they were taken on a 4 year old Nikon point & shoot digicam...
  19. foggyjames

Chassis hardware question

So it turns out that my 343 doesn't have the threaded tube inserts in the chassis that a 360 (and probably later 340s) has for the engine mount brackets. I could do with ones for the gearbox mount, too. Now I think the best option will be to take an angle grinder to a scrap car, but in the...
  20. foggyjames

Project: 343 GLS R-Sport

I've finally made a start on my 343 project this weekend. First, a little background... In 1981/82, you could buy a 2.0 340...badged as a 343 or 345 DLS or GLS - with the 'S' denoting the 2.0 engine. In 1983, it was rebadged as the 360, introduced to the UK, and the GLT (2.0 injection) was...
Back