• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. team12operator

Loose wires...

88 240 bone stock with a no crank issue. Ran the ohmmeter all up and down it. Checked grounds and wiring. Inspected neutral safety switch and replaced starter. Battery is tested 100% working and charged and the 25A fuse is new. Still nothing. I'm at a loss. Warning lights come on...
  2. team12operator

Lh2.2 flywheel orientation

Removed engine and transmission in an 88 auto 240 gl to do all seals. Had marked the flywheel but through grease and some cleaner it came off. Found a line I thought was the mark and installed now I have a no start issue. I've been through all the usual culprits including the n safety switch and...
  3. team12operator

In tank fuel hose ID

89 244 gl. Replacing fuel lines from the tank. Anyone know the ID off hand?
  4. team12operator

89 240 gl no fuel return?

I'm replacing the fuel rail on an 89 240 gl. I had a spare fuel rail but when I compared it to the one I took off I noticed the original one has no place for a fuel return line. Is this right or am I losing it finally?
  5. team12operator

Free '84 242 TIC. Daily duty

Picked this guy up for free yesterday. It has some issues but overall runs and drives ok. PO installed: Sways front and back Billy HD's Garret t3 Intercooler Calibrated boost gauge Lowering springs It sits pretty nice. So, have to learn Kjet now as I will be daily driving this thing. It...
  6. team12operator

Austin area...

June 15th 2013. 8507 Burleson Rd. Austin Tx. I've rented a shop off of ben white. I got tired of flipping cars out of my house. The shop will need a volvo christening. Some other of my BMW and Volkswagen cohorts will be there as well. I'll be firing up the grill around 1:00 p.m. Get there...
  7. team12operator

Basic paint restoration

Materials: 1. Sanding block, preferably with some weight to it 2. 1500, 2000 and 2500 grit wet/dry sandpaper. 5-6 sheets each 3. Bucket with soapy water 4. Clay bar and lube 5. Large stack of super clean towels 6. High speed rotary buffer with (1) wool pad, (2) foam cutting pads, and (2) ultra...
  8. team12operator

Injector question...

Have an 88 244 that has the original injectors. Also have a set of brand new yellow injectors for a 92' NA 240 with lh2.4. As long as the rest of the fuel rail and system stays put would anyone see an issue running the newer injectors?
  9. team12operator

Stupid stupid stupid...

So I'm pullin the engine from an 89 244. Got hasty and pulled the timing belt off without setting TDC. After I pulled it I heard a thunk and the cam gear shifted a bit. Time for a new head or should everything be copacetic?
  10. team12operator

My purrformance plans

Step 1: Buy $300 volvo for $1500. Stage 2: Buy a bentley manual Step 3: Rest beer on Bentley manual and Begin replacing oily looking parts with less oily looking parts from the junkyard. Step 4: Buy most of the items needed for a +t and put car on blocks. Step 5: Sell project car and...
  11. team12operator

You're my boy blue...I guess.

Some month's ago I brought this guy's wagon back from the dead. He's not a turbo type so we stuck to OEM stuffs and the results were pretty good. This is the first 240 I'd seen in papa smurf blue and I love it. Then I picked this up as a flip. Smokin' deal but just nasty. Paint was tired...
  12. team12operator

Ignition switch or...

85 244. Ignition switch gives power to everything but when turned to the start position it does not open/close the circuit and give power to the starter. The dash lights stay on even when the key is in the start position. I can't find my voltmeter so it's going to get the parts cannon but before...
  13. team12operator

Holy electrical demons...

Bought a 87 240...I know, I know. Everything seems to RUN fine however: 1.) car will start in any gear ( neutral safety switch?) 2.) brake failure light comes on when braking but car stops fine 3.) when hitting bumps the power locks spaz like a 12 year old discovering Internet pRon for the...
  14. team12operator

Idk wtf

Not quite sure what's happening here yet. After the purchase, a quick wash and clay. Mark patina. Gross... These seats Those door panels Parts from this pile of shiz Parts from this pile of shiz Correcting slight rust, stage 0, then...?
  15. team12operator

M46 newb...

84 242 na. Clutch makes a whirring noise when the pedal is depressed. Pedal has good pressure but engages only at the end of the range. All gears work fine including the overdrive. This is the first manual ill be servicing and I'm reading the tech manaual for it but wanted to hear from the...
  16. team12operator

What else?

I'm stuck at home today. I have a 88 760 parts car I've been tearing down and thought I was done but since I have time, I thought I'd ask some of you more knowledgable knuckle staggers what else I should snag off of I before it goes to the junker. I have already removed the turbo and intercooler...
  17. team12operator

Back to back barn finds in Texas

#1) 1988 244. 98k actual miles. Owner said it didn't run so I put in a new timing belt and drove it three hours home to Austin from Dallas. $400 As it was when I bought it. Nice interior After some clear coat correction and a helluva lot of elbow. Sold it that night for $3500 #2) 1984...
  18. team12operator

Assembly required... No instructions.

So I'm working on something. I'd like not to discuss the details of it just yet but I'm in need of some info for research. What is the best cam (b230) wise for low end torque? What is the optimal back pressure for a b230f? Which stock transmission has the tallest highway gear? Which version...
  19. team12operator

Cavitation after trans swap

Swapped in a fresh Aw71. Flushed the right way. Everything seems ok however it will ocassionally hang in gear and I can hear cavitation. Fluid is clean but once or twice I have checked the fluid level and it has bubbles. The level seems to be right and the kick down cable is adjusted properly...
  20. team12operator

Tour vehicle build out...Wagon Content.

Picked up a '93 245 for $800 and am turning it into a touring vehicle. Had to put a new trans in but it's done and started tearing it down. Here's some pics as it sits: Obviously it's gonna need some maintenance. Stupid PO's. Current plan: Assuming stage 0 obviously. Engine...
Back