• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. Acke

what is this for?

Coolant drain
  2. Acke

show your wheels!

215/45R17 in the front and 225/45R17 in the back at the moment. I'll probably go 225/45 all around for next summer since 215/45 is too narrow for those rims to pass inspection.
  3. Acke

940T radiator fan size

Thsi might be region specific? I've seen many 92- 940s with clutch type fans (including my -95 FK). They were non-AC models.
  4. Acke

1990 745T - Exhaust Options - OEM vs. Aftermarket

Can confirm the Simons cat-back is nice, and close to stock. I've had the 024-H6 on my car for over a decade.
  5. Acke

Engine mount replacement 940

The hydraulic ones should take away more vibration. The have different brackets IIRC.
  6. Acke

Engine mount replacement 940

^That's the early/NA style in the picutre. Hydraulic mounts look like this: https://vparts.se/de/motorkudde-motorfaste-till-volvo-740-940-hard-13030104.html But if you have the old style, even new ones are a huge improvement to old saggy ones.
  7. Acke

show your wheels!

8,5 x 17" ET 6 and 5x108. 18" are available new from Sweden (eg. th-petterson, scstyling) with the same offset and width. I felt 17" would suite me better, so I got these second hand.
  8. Acke

83' 245 GLT - Turbo stopped working no apparent reason - troubleshooting

No wire, but the wastegate actuator arm could have come off the shaft. The image below is from a 940 mitsu TD04 that had lost the locking pin and was qickly fixed with what I had at home, but the concept should be similar on the 240. If the arm comes off, You loose the boost and the car feels...
  9. Acke

show your wheels!

Super DTM 17"
  10. Acke

Post pics of your Volvo.

Got the 9 running again after 3 years. Break-in with "new" od engine. The paint needs to be addressed next.
  11. Acke

Meet Roach and Yennefer!

I'm guessing your car came without it from the factory since the wire is tucked away that neatly and the manifold seems to be the non-EGR model. So it should be fine as it is. I haven't notice a difference in MPGs with/without EGR on my cars.
  12. Acke

Performance clutch + master/slave cylinder riddle

They mention they have a 20,6mm slave and a 19mm master in that thread. Did you measure how much the pivot point for the arm moved when You swapped to the longer ball nut and added two washers under it? I moved mine about 10 mm towards the engine, no chance to get the clutch working with much less.
  13. Acke

Meet Roach and Yennefer!

EGR
  14. Acke

The 22,2mm slave should be 8601783. AFAIK there is no 19mm slave (the master is 19mm).
  15. Acke

The part number for the 20,6mm slave should be 8601784. If you're going for an used one I'd recommend measuring the piston to be sure. E: IIRC both the larger and the smaller slave had FAG S6472G on the casting, but I might be wrong.
  16. Acke

Ah, this sounds familiar. I couldn't get my M90+765+steel flywheel+organic disc to disengage at all first. Got it to work with a 20,6mm slave from an early na 945 and a new braided hose from the master to the slave. Still not entirely happy with it.
  17. Acke

Volvo 940 16t setup?

Martelius/JT-tuning. They have 3" DPs for all three flange options. https://martelius.com/putkistot/jttuningexhaust?automalli=187
  18. Acke

replace lens 940 Euro hl

On the OE euro lights the lenses are attached with 8 (4 up, 4 under?) metal clips and there is a sealing strip between the lens and housing, no glue. IIRC the corner light, grille and the plastic trim under the light had to be removed to get the lens off.
  19. Acke

Verdict on crank and cam seals nowadays?

Elring cam and aux seals on both my redblock cars started leaking soon after install. Redid both with OE and they have been fine. The Reinz cam seal I put on my brothers redblock last summer also seem to work so far.
  20. Acke

Volvo's in Snow

Back