• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. DerSnart

Beating Dead Horse - Whiteblock RWD

I have one question... Does anyone currently make a whiteblock adapter for readily available manual trans (that isnt volvo based)? I've searched and found the adapters for auto's but thats just wont do in my book. I also saw a few people mention they were working on adapters, anyone making...
  2. DerSnart

DerSnart's 242

Here's the car... A 1982 242 GLT (non turbo) with 154,000 on the clock and an M46. It ran and drove when I purchased it, not very well, but it did. It had LH 1.0 and Chrysler ignition, but that has since been removed. The origonal B21F had some issues so a B23F with 66,000 miles was put in...
  3. DerSnart

240 Front Bumper Comparison

I swapped the bumper on the front of my 82' GLT (commando bumper) for the bumper off a 91 240 sedan. The trim is different when switching from one style of bumper to the other, so be sure to grab the trim n' bits that are above the bumper/under the grill. The bumper supports/struts are also...
  4. DerSnart

LH 2.2 Block, Holes for L.H 2.4?

Do the LH 2.2 cars come with holes for the RPM sensor needed for LH 2.4? Im looking a good used engine that was in a LH 2.2 240, want to run it on 2.4 as I have a full setup from a 92 240. Car is currently engineless.
  5. DerSnart

Custom Springs

What would be good places to order some custom springs for a 242 from? I have already purchased and put in billy HD's, and wouldnt be against having them modified to better suit lower springs. Im looking for something competitive for SCCA, yet not too harsh on the street (I like to drive it to...
  6. DerSnart

Mitsubishi Turbo Information

Just browsing the web, found some A/R to CM/2 conversions, thought I would post it just for the sake of adding the info to TB should it be needed. 6 cm2 = 0.41 A/R 7 cm2 = 0.49 A/R 8 cm2 = 0.57 A/R 9 cm2 = 0.65 A/R 10 cm2 = 0.73 A/R 11 cm2 = 0.81 A/R 12 cm2 = 0.89 A/R As an example...
  7. DerSnart

94+ Pistons are different??

It says on Wiki... So are the Mahles you buy from Volvo/FCP/IPD/Whatever the 'latest design' for the B230 pistons? Or are they pre-94??
  8. DerSnart

Flathood or 86+ hood?

To flat hood or to 86 hood, that is the question... Here's the car... I like the more 'modern' look of the 86+ hood grill, but the flathood has so much old school sex appeal... its hard to choose. Your thoughts please....
  9. DerSnart

Twin entry turbine housings?

Whats the word on running a twin entry turbine housing a single entry manifold? Obviously, it would defeat the purpose of the twin entry idea, but, would it otherwise function in "normal" fashion? Cheers
  10. DerSnart

Head mount dist. in a 240?

For one reason or another, I really like the head mount distributor. Ayone have pics of this setup in a 240 by chance? Also, how far forward (in your opinions) would I need to move the engine forward to fit one? 2"?
  11. DerSnart

My $50 Moneypit...

Not Bad for $50!!!!! It runs for about 2mins and then dies... cant seem to pinpoint why.... but whatever. Its a one owner 1982 242 GLT 5spd with LH 1.0 and Chysler ignition, for the record. Kittah!!!
  12. DerSnart

Seam Welding? Yea or Nay?

Ive been researching seam welding on the internet for a few days now and I have many opinions with few facts to back anything up other than the obvious, seam welding makes your chassis much stiffer. But... Ive also read about problems with the chassis cracking due to the added stiffness (moving...
  13. DerSnart

From LH 2.0 to 2.4?

I just picked up a nice 1982 242 GLT, I beleive it has LH 2.0 with the Chrysler ignition (white dist cap). I want to go to LH 2.4 for an eventual +T in the works. Would it be best to find a 90+ 240 and get what I need from that? Or could I use bits and parts from a 700/900 car? (much more...
  14. DerSnart

Regulus on a 242?

Anyone have a pic or any thoughts on how these might look on a silver 242? I like them because they are 16x7 fwiw...
  15. DerSnart

Understanding the GT series turbine maps?

So, been digging around the intarweb and I cant seem to find much info on interpreting these... Anyone give me some ideas? Thanks in advance... :-D
  16. DerSnart

Green Manuals: Website?

Where can I buy Green Manuals online?
  17. DerSnart

Rod big end width?

Rod big end width and other questions... So I have come to understand the problem that some have run into when going to a forged piston (larger clearance) in the b230, is that the rod isn't wide enough on the big end to keep everything centered, being that it was intended for use as a pin...
  18. DerSnart

Late B230 rod specs

Maybe some one witha GM could verify these for me? Or someone who just plain knows :-P I did some searches, but there are conflicting reports between threads as is the norm... Late B230 (90+ 13mm) Rod Dimensions Pin Dia. 23mm (.9055) Cen-Cen 152mm (5.9834) Big End 52mm (2.0472) BE Width 25mm...
  19. DerSnart

Oil delivery tube question

Im replacing the seals and oil pump and the transfer tube doesnt really line up well with the old or new pump in place (tried both just to make sure its wasnt a flaw with the new pump). The tube will only fully seat in one hole or the other, not both at once, should I just try to find a happy...
  20. DerSnart

Oil Pressure Help/Questions

The Short. Oil pressure light on at idle (has been for a long time), let car warm up and started driving, car behaving normally... then oil pressure light stays on until 3-4k. Shortblock has 250k, sender is fairly new. Oil return line leaks (but that shouldnt effect anything), pop the hood and...
Back