• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. Rusty_ratchet

How to Attach S90 Fuel Door

Got it fixed. Thanks!
  2. Rusty_ratchet

Do you mean the "pins" like one by my thumb? The "pin" at the other end broke off and I didn't think it was a big deal. I can look for it.
  3. Rusty_ratchet

1997 Volvo S90 The fuel door fell off so I bought a new bracket. I assumed it would just snap into place, but it does not. Do I need another part?
  4. Rusty_ratchet

S90 Trim and Fuel Door Clips

Thank you so much!
  5. Rusty_ratchet

S90 Trim and Fuel Door Clips

1997 Volvo S90 There is a piece of trim that fell off the car. The fuel door also fell off. I have searched the usual parts suppliers for old Volvo parts and cannot find the clips. Does anyone know of a source for the clips?
  6. Rusty_ratchet

1997 Volvo S90 Brake Lights on All the Time

There's no way I would have found the other switch if it hadn't been mentioned here. I'll check the cruise control switch, but am happy for now that the brake lights are not on all the time. Thanks!
  7. Rusty_ratchet

Got it. The switch I adjusted is the only switch I can see, but I kept feeling and felt another switch above the switch I was working with. I adjusted the switch I can see (I guess this is the cruise control switch) so it is not fully depressed against the brake pedal. Now the brake lights...
  8. Rusty_ratchet

Thanks, I will take another look. The switch I have been looking at has one electrical connector with two wires and a vacuum port. I also came across a blue "lamp control" box in the trunk on the drivers side. I removed this box and the brake lights turned off. Is there a way to check this...
  9. Rusty_ratchet

1997 Volvo S90 I recently replaced the brake booster. I was sure to adjust the electrical/vacuum switch that presses against the brake pedal "arm". At first the brake lights worked intermittently, and now the brake lights are on all the time. I removed the electrical/vacuum switch that...
  10. Rusty_ratchet

Evaporator Core

Mine is full of rust.
  11. Rusty_ratchet

OEM vs. Aftermarket Ignition Module

I just replaced with OEM. If it were my car I wouldn't worry about it, but my dad has had a stroke and my mom needs the car to be reliable.
  12. Rusty_ratchet

Evaporator Core

1985 Volvo 240 I am replacing the original AC in my '85 240 with the AC system for a '93 240. I have not been able to find a source for an OEM evaporator core. Does anyone know of a source for this part? Are the aftermarket evaporator cores worth considering?
  13. Rusty_ratchet

The car belongs to my parents and it sounds like OEM is the only option for reliability. Thank you for all the replies!
  14. Rusty_ratchet

The car is a 1997 Volvo S90 I am in need of new ignition modules for my car. Is it worth the cost to get OEM ignition modules, or are the aftermarket ignition modules a reasonable alternative?
  15. Rusty_ratchet

240 Rear Tail Lights and Dash Lights Not Working

1985 Volvo 240 The rear tail lights and dash lights on my car are not working. A number of years ago I modified the tail lights so the circuit board is bypassed (power goes directly to each bulb). My tail lights worked great until now. None of my lights work (turn signals, brake lights...
  16. Rusty_ratchet

S/V/C S90 Headlights Not Working

1997 Volvo S90 The headlights do not work. I checked the headlights, fuses, and relay. I measured the contact voltage at the relay and it is 12.4V. The relay coil voltage is approx 8.4 V. I am trying to test the switch on the dash, but there are a number of contacts and don't know which...
  17. Rusty_ratchet

240 Failed Smog

1985 Volvo 240 I took my car in for emissions testing and failed. The results of the test are below: I tested the O2 sensor using a labscope. The voltage was alternating between approx 0V and 1V. I also believe it is fast enough. I checked for vacuum leaks using a smoker. I found a...
  18. Rusty_ratchet

240 Spark Plug Diagnosis

1991 Volvo 240 My mom's car sat for about a year and I drove it in January. It was running a little rough and I checked the spark plugs, shown below. The plugs looked ok to me, except for the cylinder 4 plug which was very dirty (shown below) I looked up a spark plug diagnosis chart and...
  19. Rusty_ratchet

240 New Compressor Questions

1985 Volvo 240 I am replacing the compressor in my car. The old compressor has a port on the low side where I can add refrigerant (R134a), and measure the pressure. The old compressor is shown below: The new compressor does not have a port where I can add refrigerant or measure the...
  20. Rusty_ratchet

S/V/C Axle / Drive Shaft Boots

1997 Volvo S90 The boots for the rear axles are torn. I have a service manual (shown below) that refers to these as drive shafts (see part number 7). My service manual only states that the axles/drive shafts are held in place with snap rings. Given the description and parts diagram, I...
Back