• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1994 940 turbo won't shut off when radio suppression relay is plugged in

Main relay/fuel pump relay. its a dual relay. One half controls fuel pump, the other half powers the EFI.

Again, you're gonna have to poke around with a test lamp and use that wiring diagram. Im a little busy right now on the heavy line with a cab-off engine swap....

CaboffNoPlte.png

I looked at the wiring diagrams a little more and I think what you're looking for is an extra wire from the coil, or from the injector resistor pack, to an ignition switched +12v wire. This would bypass the RSR, which might[?] have been done by a previous owner/shop if the RSR failed. Now, with a working RSR, the RSR can back-feed the +12v ignition switched power after the key is removed.

How many blue wires are connected to the coil + tab? (should be 1)
How many gray wires are connected to the harness side of the resistor pack connector? (should be 1)
How many wires going to the RSR socket? (should be 4)

I looked at the wiring diagrams a little more and I think what you're looking for is an extra wire from the coil, or from the injector resistor pack, to an ignition switched +12v wire. This would bypass the RSR, which might[?] have been done by a previous owner/shop if the RSR failed. Now, with a working RSR, the RSR can back-feed the +12v ignition switched power after the key is removed.

How many blue wires are connected to the coil + tab? (should be 1)
How many gray wires are connected to the harness side of the resistor pack connector? (should be 1)
How many wires going to the RSR socket? (should be 4)
Bob, 1 blue coil tap
1 gray on resistor pack
4 to RSR
Just got done plugging RSR back in and turn key and unplug Ignition switch and all remained on. That eliminates the switch...

Unplug the RSR, shut off the ignition and check with multimeter on the 4 socket pins. See which ones have constant 12V. Only one of them should if it's wired normally.

Back