• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

84 245 with weird A/C leak

haydnharvespa

So my 245 has a strange leak. Whenever I run the A/C for a while then shut it off, water leaks from somewhere above the vacuum canister (behind the dashboard) on the drivers side. I can’t see anywhere the water could possibly be coming from, only that’s it’s dripping down onto the vacuum canister somehow. Anyone had experience with this or know what it might be? I’ve already checked the A/C drain, but it remains bone dry while water drips into the cabin. Thanks for any leads.

Attachments

• IMG_0824.jpeg
    IMG_0824.jpeg
    782 KB · Views: 5
More than likely, if you can't see it with it in then you'll have to take it out. Might as well get a new heater core and fan motor while you're at it, maybe even upgrade to the 91-93 setup
Where do I even start? Radio and center console?

Finally figured it out! Somehow my A/C housing cracked and started letting the condensation out instead of it going down the drain tube. Really didn’t take much to reach it. I will be using a 2 part epoxy as a sealant. Hope this helps someone in the future.

Attachments

• IMG_0896.jpeg
    IMG_0896.jpeg
    446.4 KB · Views: 6
  • F697BD1F-3FF4-4BA6-83EA-5DADB02FFAC1.jpeg
    F697BD1F-3FF4-4BA6-83EA-5DADB02FFAC1.jpeg
    856.8 KB · Views: 7
Good catch for a crappy cracked plastic problem. Hope the repair sticks well. I'd also consider using some of that stainless steel duct tape they sell at hardware stores to cover it. I use that to cover the hole when you change to a different type of heater valve.

Back