• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

crosshair headlights!!

kidGT

so ive had a messed up headlight housing for a while (headlight is aligned thanks to a shallow socket and a ziptie :-P ) and im kinda tired of my headlight set up so im thinking of changing it all up.

idk if anyone has done this but do u guys think it would be possible to adapt 7" rounds from an mk2 vw gti to a single round 240? i dont think it should be rocket science but i wanna take all the mounting hardware and everything and mount it on my car

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VW-MK2-Golf...s=63&clkid=4984724819299437591#ht_2588wt_1246

gimme opinions guys...i wanna do it but i dont wanna buy it and waste money on something that wont work

If it's a 7" headlight it will work. I'm using the Hella H4 7" round lights from my (long gone) VW Cabriolet in my 240 wagon.

Yep, works just fine. onlly thing is you will have to modify the stock housings, as the original sealed beams have location points that fit in grooves. The aftermarket cross hairs are smooth on the back side, and will sit odd in the housings.

electrical tape will give you the same cheesy look and be much cheaper.....

7" round lights are pretty much universal from what I have seen, not sure if you can use the mounts those come with, but couldn't be that difficult to adapt.

thanks for the input guys

yea i know id be able to adapt the sealed beams...but its the mounts that i want to adapt so i can replace my old ones

I have a set. have to modify stock housing as those crosshairs are a little bigger than the volvo ones

If I remember correctly I saw these once on an Amazon... Anyone knows where these pictures are?? I've been looking for them but can't find them anymore...

I used Mk2 headlights in my first 142. On the 140 series, I needed to JBweld some new mounting mounts to make them work with the OEM bucket. Easy job though and well worth the effort.

Ive been looking for chrome crosshairs with a half french at the bottom for my new project! Hope this helped!

cross hairs are stupid

10608004.jpg

just kidding. do it.. and real ones. not my ghetto version

Back