• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Fuel injection and you (or what makes the box work?)

Smogged using MSnS

Has anyone passed California Smog with a MSnS? If so how did they manage the check engine light check? Sorry for the post hijack - just read this whole thing and that was the only question it brought to mind.

Thanks
Renny

Thats a good point. i would say just pull the bulb, but I am sure they test for it in the run position. If you are clever enough to solder together a board and install it in your car, you will probably be smart enough to rig up a dummy light.

guidom12345 said:
Thats a good point. i would say just pull the bulb, but I am sure they test for it in the run position. If you are clever enough to solder together a board and install it in your car, you will probably be smart enough to rig up a dummy light.

temporary programmable output use #112 ;) rpm switch, when rpms are below a set number it'll be on, and then shut off (you'd hafta have it on a relay but between starting the car, etc the testers wouldn't know what was going on.

guidom12345 said:
wire a two position relay to fuel-pump-relay turn on lead. Power the light with an ign+ lead. Ignition on, fuel pump off, CE light on. Ignition on, fuel pump on (car's running) CE light's off.
gg electronics! :-D

the poi said:
wire a two position relay to fuel-pump-relay turn on lead. Power the light with an ign+ lead. Ignition on, fuel pump off, CE light on. Ignition on, fuel pump on (car's running) CE light's off.

yea but then you can't turn it off with software ;)

the poi said:

Live in uk.....CE light???!?!?! whats one of those :-P

Griz

Forg said:
SOO much easier than casting spells & chanting & whatever else is involved with a carby ...
I agree. I grew up fiddling with float levels and jets and air bleeds and spacers, and I really love EFI. I can't wait until my MS shows up.

Why not wire the Check Engine light in parallel with the alternator light? They won't know the difference.

to get past the check engine light just splice into your oil pressure light, as the check engine light must come on when ignition is switched on and go out when the engine is started.
Laters
Nick

Back