• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Headliners

CaliMeatWagon

Cause of Head Scratching
At some point the headliner is going to sag and it will need to be replaced. Those of you who have tackled this, what did you replace it with? I'm thinking of taking mine down, cleaning off the fabric and foam, and either reapplying some new fabric, or maybe paint it. But I would love to see what others have done.

The easy way is to remove the fabric and foam, spray the base with Plasti Dip or some kind of truck bed coating. Late 900 Series headliners don't usually sag, so you can swap that into your car.

7/9 series with sunroof? If you can get the whole board out in one piece - remove old fabric and foam, spray adhesive and fabric of choice. I did one on an 87 740 turbo sedan and it was pretty difficult to get the board out of the car without breaking it around the sunroof. I fiberglassed it back together where it cracked and put some sweet zebra print fabric up from Joanne fabrics... I had to be pretty quick with a roller to get it nice and smooth before the adhesive got too tacky. Then I did another headliner in a 9 series wagon with micro suede. It looked pretty good. Just take your time and don't let yourself get frustrated. The sunroof is a pain.

Back