• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

T5 to T5 adapter (whiteblock engine to Ford 5 speed)

Are these still available?

Also what T5 is this adapter designed for? Mustang, V-6 Camaro, V-8 Camaro, S10, or what? (all T5s are not the same by a long shot!)

I am*assuming* 850 flywheel and PP?

What pilot bearing are you all using?

Thanks,
Adrian

Are these still available?

Also what T5 is this adapter designed for? Mustang, V-6 Camaro, V-8 Camaro, S10, or what? (all T5s are not the same by a long shot!)

I am*assuming* 850 flywheel and PP?

What pilot bearing are you all using?

Thanks,
Adrian

Fits on my Mustang T5 (fox body V8). Pilot bearings will differ depending on the engine used. Later engines have a different crank design than the early ones.

The 850 SM flywheel would be the simplest choice. I think there are some lightweight options available in the UK and probably Sweden.

PM Mueller. I bet he still has some of these. If he doesn't. pM me. I might sell mine because my whiteblock car will probably go to my daughter soon. And she wants an auto.

Sweet will do HiSPL!

justlie, are u using the 850R or normal 850 setup? From what I can find they seem to interchange freely with this swap. By my God are the flywheels expensive!!!

Sweet will do HiSPL!

justlie, are u using the 850R or normal 850 setup? From what I can find they seem to interchange freely with this swap. By my God are the flywheels expensive!!!

Its not in the car yet. i am actually thinking of using a T56 now, since the T5 would have a hard time with the power levels I am running.

Last I heard, he still has 3 plates in stock. And that was only 2 days ago ;)

When Mueller will be out of stock, I will start to carry the plate in my store and it will be a stocked item.

ok, someones gotta help me here.... A fox body v8 T5 input shaft from tip to trans face plate is 7.18" A 960 bellhousing with deeworks adapter is only 6.25" from block to trans face plate. I stuck a clutch alignment tool into the crank and it bottoms out so the splines are even with the flwheel.

Anyway, its about 1/2-3/4" too long. I cant get the bell to mate with the engine. What am I missing here.... Its not like no one has done this.

ok, someones gotta help me here.... A fox body v8 T5 input shaft from tip to trans face plate is 7.18" A 960 bellhousing with deeworks adapter is only 6.25" from block to trans face plate. I stuck a clutch alignment tool into the crank and it bottoms out so the splines are even with the flwheel.

Anyway, its about 1/2-3/4" too long. I cant get the bell to mate with the engine. What am I missing here.... Its not like no one has done this.

I'm learning myself on this combo.

Is it the V8 T5 that you should use or the 2.3 4 cylinder model?

The 4 cylinder T5 has a shorter input shaft.

What Bellhousing fits a T5 engine (2006 Focus XR5) for a BW T5 swap?

Hello, I am the new guy to this forum & thread and will ask a few 'dumb' questions, so please bear with me. I live in Alice Springs, NT Australia, and have a good used 20V 2.5 Turbo engine from an Aussie-spec Ford Focus XR5. I would like to convert it to an inline RWD setup. Questions:
1. What bellhousing should I use for the RWD swap? Model and year(s) would be helpful.
2. What model Volvo six engine would have the donor oil pan to cut & shorten?
Thanks for any help!
Ray

Last edited:
The donor parts come from any Volvo 960. They had a whiteblock 6 cylinder in a rear wheel drive format. The only RWD whiteblock car volvo ever did.

The modular nature of the whitblock engine means you can take the 960 oil pan, pickup, and water tube and cut them down and reweld to fit on a 5 or even a 4 cylinder whiteblock. You just cut one or two cylinder's width out of those parts.

The Bellhousing from the 960's AW30-40 unbolts from the transmission. This is the magic piece to use with one of Mueller-cum-Roger's adaptors. It will let you use one of the many flavors of T5 transmission.

Luckily, 960's are pretty cheap to come by. Especially now that they are on their 3rd or 4th owners that ignore the maintenance and will run them into the junkyard....

Back