• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The correct blow off valve

It takes time to vent the whole IC and piping, and during that finite amount of time there will be more pressure at the turbo discharge with the BOV on the throttle body side as opposed to the turbo side. The air doesn't all escape at one time, mine is only maybe a 1" port and following your logic it would be better to have more pressure available at the throttle body ie: having it vent near the turbo.

Oh, I get it, the air would theoretically be denser in front of the TB if the BOV is far enough away, therefore when the TB opens up again, it doesn't have as long to wait for the intake to pressurize, theoretically.

Why would that be? My lame (grade 11) physics hypothesis goes like this: the turbo pressurizes the intake, yes, but it also flows from turbocharger->throttle body. If it opens right in front of the TB, wouldn't the air still be flowing that way when it closes and the boost returns, as opposed to it basically flowing backwards to exit just after the turbo? Wouldn't it create a turbulence of some kind? Even if my thought is anywhere near reality, it would probably end up being an intangible change, anyways.

I've had the same idea when I've installed my BOV...

Now vacuum for this can be anywhere post throttle plate..? Also, I've always wondered if you could use a nipple fitting that's already on the tb and just "tee" into it? I don't see why not

Is that nipple even there on an NA intake?

Even if it's not, find that spot on the intake, drill it, tap it, put a barbed fitting in it.

Last edited:
Its there just use the diagram for correct routing cause one nipple has a small hole, ask how I found that out haha. Dont use the ones on the throttle body for obvious reasons

No he's talking about the nipple on the intake that the CBV is routed to. Or in your case, the stock pierburg would be routed to.

Hm I'm not sure where that is, as my car is na. But check it out my harbor freight boost gauge came with a nipple and there's a hole on the manifold that's plugged (probably what you guys are talking about) so I think I can just thread this in and route it to my bov.

Back