• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Volvo 740 B204ft/gt

Flyngbrick

Hello!

Im looking for some information about this car.
I found it and brought it like some days ago. Its 200hp version without cat, but engine code is 204ft not gt(maybe anyone know they got same code or somebody just cut off cat of mine?)
Im a third owner of it and its brought from Belgium. Now oldie got 245k on clock and still going.
It got the same interior and specs. Is it real unicorn or not?
I read in the uk forum they produced only 166 740 like this is it true or not, maybe somebody knows correct number?

Thank you!

https://turbobricks.com/index.php?threads/info-on-the-b204gt-ft-engine.173001/

I know individual articles aren't definitive, but I find it weird that the FT version was apparently only in the 900-series cars, later on. Maybe something with emissions in other countries.

https://turbobricks.com/index.php?threads/info-on-the-b204gt-ft-engine.173001/

I know individual articles aren't definitive, but I find it weird that the FT version was apparently only in the 900-series cars, later on. Maybe something with emissions in other countries.
Thanks mate!
Just was looking ecu code and i got 204gt version. I think they all got same code on redblock.

Hi!

I think its somehow was a mistage by Volvo, and the stickers on the ngines all said FT even if it was a GT version. 740 and 780, as far as I know, never got the cat-version, only cat-less version.

Hi!

I think its somehow was a mistage by Volvo, and the stickers on the ngines all said FT even if it was a GT version. 740 and 780, as far as I know, never got the cat-version, only cat-less version.
Okay its same then, you got pictures of yours?
and maybe of the sticker under hood?
And know the belgium sticker meanings.
And where yours located?
I found mine from Estonia and its probably only one here.
And more info about how much they're produced this combo?
I read someone say only 166 items.(Swedish or Uk forum) but i have no idea is it correct or not. Offical listings say only "D204FT/GT also" , but nothing about real numbers.

Now need some serious detailing and full service because it was sitting years in outside. But engine was running and car moving by him self🤘

Hello!

Im looking for some information about this car.
I found it and brought it like some days ago. Its 200hp version without cat, but engine code is 204ft not gt(maybe anyone know they got same code or somebody just cut off cat of mine?)
Im a third owner of it and its brought from Belgium. Now oldie got 245k on clock and still going.
It got the same interior and specs. Is it real unicorn or not?
I read in the uk forum they produced only 166 740 like this is it true or not, maybe somebody knows correct number?

Thank you!

Any update? I like your choice. I want to share a thing that happened to me a few days ago. It was about my sister's work. She was not well that day, and she had so much work left to do. I decided to help her in that. I went on this https://canadianwritings.com/ website, which I have been using for a very long time, and here work was done the next day. She was very happy after seeing that. If you also need help with your writing, you can also visit them.
Any update? I love your choice <3

For documentation; we dismantled a wrecked 740 16vt. No cat, FT on the sticker, 1990.
Sweet engine, desperate for removal of the balance shafts, better manifolds, bigger turbo, cams with lift.

your choice <3
Hello!
Thank you!

Brick now running well,got all new belts and filters and liquids.
Also got some issues like saloon heater doesn't work correctly and little hole under passenger seat,but its 34 years old car and i think its still okay condition

Today did some detailing and photos.
Enjoy

4C65F8BE-125D-4A36-A76A-DFF858D7CBC4.jpeg

B5AB8D32-DC2E-41C8-83A4-7F3B73C077CD.jpeg

62ED5687-4DE8-4C6E-A0CA-F6094ED3DC31.jpeg

Back