• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

XC90 seat leather question

DD Ranch

I am looking at possibly buying an 2008 XC90. I have a question about the leather seats kind of puckering ...

00T0T_aeVwoo9b9EA_0cT09F_1200x900.jpg

What causes this and any remedy ?

Thanks for any advice.

I've only seen that happen on those white seats. Glad we didn;'t sell many with it.
Thanks. Planning on going to look at it tomorrow. We'll see how bad the seats look in real life.

Supposedly the leaking head gasket is getting fixed today and I've got it booked for a pre-purchase inspection at the dealer tomorrow.

I know to look out for rear diff, rear wheel bearings, sunroof drain and alternator (because of the head gasket leak)

Any other advice would be appreciated. Its the V8 btw.

Thanks. Planning on going to look at it tomorrow. We'll see how bad the seats look in real life.

Supposedly the leaking head gasket is getting fixed today and I've got it booked for a pre-purchase inspection at the dealer tomorrow.

I know to look out for rear diff, rear wheel bearings, sunroof drain and alternator (because of the head gasket leak)

Any other advice would be appreciated. Its the V8 btw

Head gaskets? I think it is much more likely it is valve cover gaskets. They are common to leak. As is the front cover and mid oil pan. Check rear main but most of those got fixed under warranty (or the galley plug above the rear main leaking).

Aux belt, tensioner and idler - specifically the idlers. When they fail, they take the front cover with them.

Transmission shifting - make sure it doesn't shudder under hard acceleration.

Then the normal brakes and suspension check over.

Head gaskets? I think it is much more likely it is valve cover gaskets. They are common to leak. As is the front cover and mid oil pan. Check rear main but most of those got fixed under warranty (or the galley plug above the rear main leaking).

Aux belt, tensioner and idler - specifically the idlers. When they fail, they take the front cover with them.

Transmission shifting - make sure it doesn't shudder under hard acceleration.

Then the normal brakes and suspension check over.

Thanks for the help and info. And I should have said Valve Cover gaskets.

Inspection was done. It had leaked down the back and over the alternator. Also had a PS leak somewhere. Underside was so coated in oil and PS fluid, hard to say where it was leaking. Brake fluid very dark. Timing belt etc seemed overdue and mileage at 119k. Also needed some minor suspension work.

Seems car was neglected and traded in. Dealer picked up at auction. I passed on the car.

Back