• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Sac crew: Sac Raceway 12/28/19

gsellstr

Vintage anti-ricer
300+ Club
Lets get some best coast points in guys! 12/21/19 is the tentative plan, with a fallback date of the 28th if it rains on the 21st.

As it is Ryan and myself are gonna run, see if we can double up to beat Kenny's points.

This is a Saturday Test and Tune so it'll likely be a lot quieter, better track prep, but also it's $40 to run I believe.

Who's in?

I'm definitely interested. I just took mine to the last Sonoma Wednesday night drags. 12.5x @116mph w/ 2.3x 60', I'll text you the slip later. You can add me to the East vs. West. :) I think with some work on my 60', it will roll out some 11's.

im going to try and make the 21st. may tow the car up there. if not i will be in sac on the 28th for sure. i have my time slip to add to the list but i havent done it yet because i can do better then what i did

Awesome Steve, would love to see you out there! Go ahead and toss your slip up in the EvW thread so Ken can get it posted. With yours and Erik's plus Ryan and myself, we should be in for the win again this year.

Well guys, that's a wrap, I'm out. She's dead, engine's coming out this week, tossing the spare in as time and rain permit, not going to risk the old engine to run any kind of power thru it until I have the nice one getting done up again.

I will still head out to hang with you guys though.

Unfortunately, I will not be making it either. Forgot about all of the family holiday stuff for the next few weeks. I'll get mine more dialed in for next year. Still gonna post to the EvW thread. Good luck to those of you who make it.

Ok guys, looks like rain this weekend, nobody can make it, so we're pushing this out to the 28th.

Also...I'm gonna run! Pulled the head tonight, trashed a valve, lost an injector, leaned out #4, so the 531 is done for now, hopefully salvageable, but I'll throw a 530 on it, have it ready to rip, just down on power a little without the nice head and big valves. Should still hit a low 13, maybe a high 12 if I'm damn lucky...

Nice! Relatively speaking... You possibly had a valve failure that trashed the rest, or dropped the valve and trashed the rest... Were you even at higher rpm when it happened?

Nope. Ended up being an injector failure that caused a severely burned valve and burned a gouge in the head. Bottom end is spotless, other than a tiny nick from the ceramic getting smashed. I'll smooth that out before the spare 530 goes on.

Not a hint of damage on the pistons otherwise, minimal carbon buildup even. Exhaust runners were VERY black on 1-3, #4 is showing dark but bare aluminum.

The planned resolution is a fresh fuel filter for good measure, swap #4 injector with a known good spare, then step up to some 75's.

Bumping this one back up. Looks like we should have good weather for Saturday.

Mine's still not 100% but I'll run it as is, go for broke just at reduced boost levels, see if I can still rip off a 13.xx.

Erik, Steve, Ryan, you guys still in?

Back