• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

92 244 1JZ and IRS track car

6thousandths

I have started work on a new build, this is my first volvo, other than our 2012 C30 (which is a stock R-design polestar tune). I plan to build this for drifting and other weekend activities.

I can take more pictures if anybody would want to see something specific

This may be an unconventional brick but I decided to share it anyway.

The day I picked it up, blown engine, massive knocking due to oil starvaion:

Here is the front end stripped, with a complete s14 240sx front subframe and steering rack modified to fit. Also is a brake master/booster, and clutch master from a Z32 300zx. This setup fits s14 coilovers really well. I think the caster will be a degree or two less but should function well regaurdless.

Engine and transmission installed, 1jzgte VVTI with R154 from a JDM toyota chaser. This engine was previously in my infiniti M30 track car

Fitting the rear subframe now, going to be a challenge to make it fit right and drive well, I will be using a C-channel installed across the frame rails. I am working on this now

This is how it sits right now. I am getting a tube bender and will be building a front end this weekend hopefully.

I have a narrowed 300zx irs on a late model 140 (basically a 240)
- center is narrowed. it uses 300 control arms and spindles with a ford 9inch

whats your IRS ?

I have a narrowed 300zx irs on a late model 140 (basically a 240)
- center is narrowed. it uses 300 control arms and spindles with a ford 9inch

whats your IRS ?

This sounds like a cool set up, I am using an s14 rear subframe frame and arms/diff

Can we get some more info on that s14 front suspension setup? And are you going to run a s14 angle kit?

It has modified knuckles +20mm rack spacer done by Future Fabrication here in Arizona.
I am using Powered by Max tie rods, also Tein s14 coilovers.

I drilled and reinforced new holes in the front frame rail for the subframe, the volvo rails are slightly wider than the 240sx so I decided to strengthen it a bit since the holes were pretty close to the very edge of the rail if that makes sense.

Following this build, i was thinking about putting an irs to my 245 since a long time ago, coming from a bmw. Its going to be very inspirational this thread

ijz 242.

Hi im working with a wagon with the 7mgte amd the r 154 trans. Fits almost perfect in the tunnel , except for the right side that needs a little banging with a hammer to separate part of the body. I used a mustang shift lever for easier grab and i made it short shifter using the lower part of a toyota tacoma 5 speed
Good luck
DZ :cool:

Hi im working with a wagon with the 7mgte amd the r 154 trans. Fits almost perfect in the tunnel , except for the right side that needs a little banging with a hammer to separate part of the body. I used a mustang shift lever for easier grab and i made it short shifter using the lower part of a toyota tacoma 5 speed
Good luck
DZ :cool:

Thanks, that sounds cool.
I was able to locate the engine as I needed to so the R154 I have lines up well with the existing trans hole and tunnel. Sounds like you have the older model R154? might be some kind of difference

Old nasty tank, is this worth saving or should I order a new one? Might use a fuel cell too, but I want the gauge to work. Ive had too many cars guessing if there is fuel or not

here are the studs I am going to use. The shoulder is 20mm, and length is about 80MM. 16x2.00 threads

Tonight I got the main C-channel in place and tacked in. I will be using this to locate the subframe, which will actually sit about 4" lower than this I think.
I had to cut out a good amount of the existing frame rail, because the bracket for one of the suspension links was part of the chassis there.

Subframe assembled and ready to test fit this week

Cut away alot of the sheet metal near the jack points in the front of the wheel well. There is so much nasty oil and grease underneath these cars...

more pictures to come soon

NICE! This is exactly what I'm doing! Not really, but close enough! I'm using S13 front and rear subframes and a 5.3 LS under a 122S. Either way, it's encouraging to see other people have the same thought. I have to harvest my Z32 soon. It's next under the knife, then those parts will be going under the Volvo!

Back