• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pig: '79 242 16vT

T25 flanges only. T3 ones are really expensive. Cutting a hole and welding on a flange is $60.

True true. There are dudes on the sloppy mechanics saying putting the wastegate off of the exhaust housing hurts turbo efficiency. Probably a bunch of internet bull****. It does make for a nice slick looking wastegate install.

True true. There are dudes on the sloppy mechanics saying putting the wastegate off of the exhaust housing hurts turbo efficiency. Probably a bunch of internet bull****. It does make for a nice slick looking wastegate install.

Probably bull****. This turbo is larger than my GTX, with journal bearings and a cast compressor wheel. Spools as fast or faster. Got datalogs to prove it too.

PS, took the car out at 70-75 on the freeway. What I thought was wind noise all these years was tire roar. Interior is a lot quieter.

Driveline still makes a racket. Once that's fixed this car should be very civil at freeway speeds. I'm excited to road trip it once that's done and A/C is installed.

I hope you solve the driveline issue so I can mimic your setup in the future. My Getragged 79 242 turbo was so annoying with all the noises it made and I am hoping to avoid that this time with the T5 setup.

I hope you solve the driveline issue so I can mimic your setup in the future. My Getragged 79 242 turbo was so annoying with all the noises it made and I am hoping to avoid that this time with the T5 setup.

Agreed. Ok want to know a resolution. Awesome machine you have created. I have followed for along time, but never commented. Sweet. Must say though, if you are correcting colors of wheel centers, you have won. Hahahaha

PFHVjrth.jpg

Yeahhhh not much happening here...

I think the trick is to try to have two working cars, not two dead cars... lol

I'm at least getting closer to having the former.

Back