• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

740/940 Regina +T

Regina is all MAP. The TPS is almost identical to the Bosch LH switch: closed, open, WOT.

-Ryan

So then why not just leave the FPR alone, Regina should be just fine with anything off boost regardless of throttle position then, and rig up a hobbs switch or two for fuel under boost via cold start injector(s)
I realize it'd be an ugly way to do it, but it should work, especially at low boost levels...

Or am I missing something?

Arise thread. Arise.

Could a proper MAP sensor be installed with a tune? From my under standing the MAP calibrates to 0 on start as a 5v signal. So the sensor it self will max out at 0 vacuum. Just a thought on an old thread.

Hello I live in Volvos homeland Sweden and I have workt with and own Volvo my hole life. It's Swedens most common car. For knowledge so had every 740 sold here in Sweden 91-92 Regina and even some late 90's. No 940 had Regina here.
//Janne (Sweden)

Hello I live in Volvos homeland Sweden and I have workt with and own Volvo my hole life. It's Swedens most common car. For knowledge so had every 740 sold here in Sweden 91-92 Regina and even some late 90's. No 940 had Regina here.
//Janne (Sweden)

Regina was used as early as 89 and went up to 94 on 940s. I've never seen a 95 regina but I bet there were some.

I have been collecting parts for a while now and will be doing a Regina + T over the week of the 4th of July. I have multiple options I will be examining (larger injectors/FPR/cold start injector/piggyback) and I will be testing all and seeing what works best. I even have some GM maps sensors I will be trying out. Big thread coming soon :)

I have been collecting parts for a while now and will be doing a Regina + T over the week of the 4th of July. I have multiple options I will be examining (larger injectors/FPR/cold start injector/piggyback) and I will be testing all and seeing what works best. I even have some GM maps sensors I will be trying out. Big thread coming soon :)

I still have this Regina dog dish flywheel if you go for a manual swap. Already resurfaced, never saw a clutch disc in its life! :oogle:

I have turbocharged my Regina 91 Wagon and it has been running nicely now for a few hundred miles (no voltage clamp or anything for the map sensor, its happy). I am running 850 orange injectors and a 3 bar FPR. Air fuels are perfect. I plan on upping the boost soon :)

I have turbocharged my Regina 91 Wagon and it has been running nicely now for a few hundred miles (no voltage clamp or anything for the map sensor, its happy). I am running 850 orange injectors and a 3 bar FPR. Air fuels are perfect. I plan on upping the boost soon :)

This is good news. Today I was reading through this thread and was worried that with bigger injectors like the 850t ones, AFRs would be pig rich everywhere except in boost. Did it seem to learn enough to hold stoich AFRs at idle and cruise? I won?t be installing a wide band, not yet at least. Super duper low budget +t happening on my 91 Regina 745. Did you also use the CSI to turn on at WOT, and did you ever part throttle boost or only WOT in order to be safe?

Thread revival. I'm going to +T the 91 regina wagon I got to turn into a pickup.

I already have the basics, 13c, 90 manifold, water pipes, late IC & piping. I'll make the exhaust, since I don't have any 740T exhaust laying around.

My main questions are:

1) how low do ppl install the turbo drain in the oil pan? Below oil level or above? I'm assuming pan has to be removed, or is there a trick fitting that can be installed without having to drop the pan? It's definitely an awkward spot to weld a bung (with pan in place). EDIT - reference thread with details

2) injectors & FPR. Still unclear as to the advantage of running 4bar FPR with stock injectors (to raise volume to 20lb as per Matt), vs. running 3bar FPR & turbo or other 20lb (@3bar) injectors such as the yellows 280 155 746 .

700volvo mentioned needing a airflow convertor - unclear as to why that would be necessary if it wasn't needed with the 4bar/stock setup....

Last edited:
Regina +T (Mitsu 13c) is running pretty well.

Using 280155759's (30lb, '98 V70 LPT) adjustable regulator set to just under 3bar. Wastegate set with no pretension on the rod.

I have a WBO2, and it was clear that with stock injectors @ 4bar there was a nasty lean area at throttle tip in under light load/boost onset. That is gone with the larger injectors. Had to run the engine around 2K rpm for a few minutes after initial startup before the adaptive compensated & AFR's settled into the 14.7-15.2 range at idle.

Regina +T (Mitsu 13c) is running pretty well.

Using 280155759's (30lb, '98 V70 LPT) adjustable regulator set to just under 3bar. Wastegate set with no pretension on the rod.

I have a WBO2, and it was clear that with stock injectors @ 4bar there was a nasty lean area at throttle tip in under light load/boost onset. That is gone with the larger injectors. Had to run the engine around 2K rpm for a few minutes after initial startup before the adaptive compensated & AFR's settled into the 14.7-15.2 range at idle.

Which adjustable FPR did you use, and pic of install?

Which adjustable FPR did you use, and pic of install?

The FPR is from EuroSpecSport - VW/Audi applications - fits the same FPR pod used on 98 x70, maybe 850's as well, I don't recall

Cut the line to the rail, fitted that to the outlet of the pod, and fit the return from the stock FPR to the base of the pod

PXL-20210715-152252079.jpg

PXL-20210715-150357869.jpg

PXL-20210715-150409799.jpg

Ended up switching to 24lb (0280155703) injectors, 30lb (0280155759) is too much

PXL-20210726-232250512.jpg

Last edited:
Back