• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Mike K? ruin another volvo. 945 pickup build

Thanks guys!

Where do you get knock off e codes at? Please help a Volvo noob.

eBay! I got one NOS DJ Auto super cheap from PA, then got the other one from european eBay - came from Latvia, made in Taiwan.

Well what do you plan on doing with it? I'm torn between Methods and something super blingy like Brotiforms

It'll be a run-around car and dirt bike hauler, but I don't really see a need to make it off-roady so kinda rather have a street setup.

I'm kinda leaning towards blingy, I feel like it can take a bigger and more modern wheel than I'd put on my 242 so I can do something a little different. I'd like a big 5-spoke, Okoye had some Racing Dynamics I really wanted but didn't think would fit under the car after adapters. I hate rotiform but like some of the styles. They don't seem to do 17" though, and not sure I want to get into 18's.

I'll take a side shot maybe play around with photoshop. Also think if I did the car grey a bright centered wheel for contrast would really pop.

Anyway, hung the rear bumper today. 3/4 of the bumper shock studs were corroded out of the bumper bar, which is why the thing fell on the ground yesterday. I couldn't find a spare one under the snow in the yard so I did a 'temporary' fix that I'll probably never get around to replacing. Just got the studs out and cleaned up, then pounded and welded them into some steel plate over the corroded areas. Used some of the 3M panel adhesive and rivets and off to the races. It's pouring rain so didn't take pictures of the rear together.

b3k2G0q.jpg

Shoot, it works. Nice idea.

Also feeling the need to clarify - My earlier post wasn't a dig at you or anyone in particular. I'm not really into wheels like others might be, but I've seen some odd choices on any A-Traktor/Yute "conversions" that were encountered firsthand, haha.

7vX3pjQ.jpg

kesApmK.jpg

UDaWJgX.jpg

YCdbO38.jpg

Going to do some work on the hatch and tailgate next. I also bought some Lexan to make the quarter windows. Pretty soon I'd like to start running the car around a little bit just to enjoy it and shake things out.

Been looking around at wheels... any thoughts??
helllll yeah

Anyway, hung the rear bumper today. 3/4 of the bumper shock studs were corroded out of the bumper bar, which is why the thing fell on the ground yesterday. I couldn't find a spare one under the snow in the yard so I did a 'temporary' fix that I'll probably never get around to replacing. Just got the studs out and cleaned up, then pounded and welded them into some steel plate over the corroded areas. Used some of the 3M panel adhesive and rivets and off to the races. It's pouring rain so didn't take pictures of the rear together.

b3k2G0q.jpg

Nice job Mike.
that's using your head...
If it becomes a problem in the future, you could make a plate with the studs and slip it inside the bar, and it would make a sandwich with the aluminum being the "meat". But that body adhesive is proving to be pretty tuff stuff, so it's probably not going anywhere.

I think it will be fine with 18s.

Since you're looking at 5-spokes, Klutch SL5 with painted centers could look cool. Fifteen52 348s cool look great as well.

I think it will be fine with 18s.

Since you're looking at 5-spokes, Klutch SL5 with painted centers could look cool. Fifteen52 348s cool look great as well.

Hadn't heard of them before, and Klutch is a dumb name, but yeah I could get down with that
14908207662_d37b3e9baf_b.jpg

having a harder time picturing the Tarmacs

Spokes are too chunky for a car with such a thin waistline with the greenhouse gone from the back

Also yes, Klutch is an embarrassingly bad name.

Wow, looking great! You folks in MA are a hearty bunch -- auto painting with woodstove heat.

Been looking around at wheels... any thoughts??

Try googling VW Rabbit Pickup pictures - much more utilitarian pickup-like than yours, but about the same size and lots of interesting ideas.

Pegs. Ugly car needs ugly wheels.

But it's like the best kind of ugly!

Spokes are too chunky for a car with such a thin waistline with the greenhouse gone from the back

agreed

Wow, looking great! You folks in MA are a hearty bunch -- auto painting with woodstove heat.

Try googling VW Rabbit Pickup pictures - much more utilitarian pickup-like than yours, but about the same size and lots of interesting ideas.

No doubt New Englanders are a special breed. I have a guy at work from SoCal who was whining about being stuck inside all winter. We all looked at each other and back and him and said "put a damn jacket on and go take care of things". We really do most of our projects over the long dark winter, when Summer comes around I want to be loading the dirt bike in the back of this thing not working on it!

There's actually a hipster dood with a rabbit pickup here at work, we have both looked around the inside of the bed at how VW built it. Definitely an interesting point of reference.

i got 17x10 ARE's that are corvette PCD.

So lots of room for adapter

10's poke out in the front about an inch with barely an mm of clearance to the original strut. Worse if you have coilovers. would need stretch and camber in the front. Will fit fine in the rear.

Back