• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Forum is NOT secure

beneathapes7.jpg

hxAzLRk.gif

I own tbforums.com ... i have an ssl cert there. I have 301 perm redirected turbobricks.* to https://forums.tbforums.com for now.
Those redirects are not working correctly, or weren't when I checked before posting further up.

I will be dropping the a-record 'forums' in the future anyway.
Please do not do this, leave it on permanent redirect duty until you lose access to it, or forever, which ever comes first. It's literally insane to drop it. There are umpteen (technical term) links out there pointing at it which will all break as soon as you ditch it. Please reconsider this move.

Why does TB forums need to be "secure?" I have always donated through the paypal option, so my sensitive information is protected, isn't it?

The site is not secured with a security certificate and HTTPS. This makes this site vulnerable in that anyone who logs in is subject to a MITM (man-in-the-middle) attack making them vulnerable. Other attacks can easily: take the site down completely, hijack files on the site to deliver malicious content, or leak every single users information including the administrators. This is irresponsible and it is my recommendation that the site be secured properly.

giphy.gif

mean while the security bug is being fixed

CR3Zvn6UwAAx2JE.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WU5xg2nEQr8" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Please do not do this, leave it on permanent redirect duty until you lose access to it, or forever, which ever comes first. It's literally insane to drop it. There are umpteen (technical term) links out there pointing at it which will all break as soon as you ditch it. Please reconsider this move.

among all the stupid posts an important point was missed ^

tumblr_lypn9uwPTi1qfmkzto1_250.gif

I'm gonna show this one to my kids so they can think I make stuff up.

Back