• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Throwback photos

21521061.jpg

Burgerball. 2003.

I'll do mine in chronological order

XAiDCWJ.jpg

The day I got my 244 in February 2003
nsdRc6J.jpg

First official meet, Davis 2003. From right to left - VolvoRacer82 [Ryan, still here] with his maroon 242, I forget the dude with the gold 244's name [Vasir14?] I just remember Doug would always call him a squirrel, and my 244 next to him [2 months into 240 ownership, I was already blacking **** out and did a flathood conversion, not to mention damage from running into Noah's 244 the first time I met him]
Ltf5ZYi.jpg

4wmpmGR.jpg

9j9xKr9.jpg

Burgerball 2? 3? I just remember this being around September 2003. Doug and Pat D raced each other a few times, and than we went out on a cruise down Sunrise Saturday night
nWA3tqZ.jpg

D3qi23t.jpg

The next day we headed out to Sutter for a drive/lunch. In the last picture, thats Doug [Hank Scorpio] in the front, Noah244ti, Ryan [Volvoracer82], Justin [forgot his SN], Justin #2 [Norcal745ti], Alen and myself in the back.
OhJX7jT.jpg

rll1rBh.jpg

Norcal Vs Socal Euro, Santa Barbara 2004. I got out of school in Phoenix, AZ at 9 pm the night before and drove all night for this. My best memory of this meet was the group of Volvos [all 20-30 of us] all having our hoods up while the other 1,000 BMW's/VW's/Audis etc had their hoods closed
aFECYsH.jpg

Davis 2004, my car. Kind of riced.
bdEXX4t.jpg

Summer 2004 after getting my squares
wNcrRUD.jpg

Fall 2004

Simpler times indeed.

Oh wow, back when people on Turbobricks actually liked Volvos and other Volvo enthusiasts!

I always wonder what happened to Doug's 242. Blackbrick (IIRC) out on the east coast bought it, it was damaged during shipping, he got cancer and then we never heard of the car again. That car was a piece of TB history. I wonder how the owner is doing too.

Back