• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

HUB's 1968 122s Wagon Project

Good Afternoon Everyone,

My apologies for not providing an update... My daughter was born and have been distracted with her.
Eo6YXHcl.jpg

However, I did start the process for the down pipe. It's currently been dropped off to be tig welded.
gjFItWcl.jpg

wfAWo7fl.jpg

AirosG7l.jpg

BMMGpTQl.jpg

xEEJHuZl.jpg

4sx9rB6l.jpg

HOs0o9Kl.jpg

Thanks,

Afternoon Everyone,

A few updates on the build.

Downpipe all welded. Will make a bracket later for it to mount to the BH.

1eoEKzml.jpg

m7TAWUMl.jpg

Bought this to start the process of the intake manifold. Cut it up and went a different route.

4XTehl9l.jpg

UMGVwadl.jpg

Thanks,

Afternoon Everyone,

Started painting a few things with POR 15 before bolting the front back on.
3QHOLCpl.jpg

Since the intake manifold I purchased didn't work. Used part of it and going to use the YoshiFab one. Gives me a lot more room.
sSyEcQgl.jpg

25FSazDl.jpg

fUWZm0Wl.jpg

ZwPlfHMl.jpg

cT3FGZwl.jpg

Also started working on the engine bay harness.
ZMXBq4Dl.jpg

1HNS1l2l.jpg

WL9v9zEl.jpg

Thanks,

Last edited:
Congratulations on new addition. I been teaching my 11yo daughter to drive my Amazon, you'll be there before you know it. I love the attention to detail on your project.

Very nice, love the details! Hope the POR15 holds up, I have nothing but bad experiences with that stuff after a couple of years.

Morning Everyone,

Had a few items arrive the other day.

Cargo carrier came in. This will be used on the 122 and my 325xi (currently mounted it to the 325xi).
x3hDDntl.jpg

w5m1IzAl.jpg

Bought an 850 NA TB from a friend. Started cleaning it up. I guess I can swap out the plate for a 960 one that doesn't have the plastic piece for some better airflow. So if you have one, please let me know.

4lMKpCIl.jpg

10 mins in the Ultrasonic cleaner.
LSyyjpLl.jpg

kOZarOql.jpg

Another round in the cleaner.
qyRKYrPl.jpg

Radiator arrived last night. My current plan is to drill holes for the inlet, outlet, and mounting...
cNuaTwxl.jpg

DVjFZ5rl.jpg

ZNJl8lpl.jpg

zewBwtWl.jpg

Wki121ul.jpg

Thanks,

Good Evening Everyone,

After a day of battle, the radiator is in. Should have enough room for a fan setup. However, front nose portion by the hood latch will need cut/ modified. Will also have limited room for a intercooler. Still trying to figure what size I need for my application.

9vDvGutl.jpg

2mEcrPtl.jpg

Thanks,

Good Evening Everyone,

Got the intake manifold back from a coworker. As always, he did an amazing job! Bolted up and looks good. Will get it decked and the off for powdercoating.

4s1RS0Xl.jpg

h1sjwEpl.jpg

HFumQWKl.jpg

q83fkxNl.jpg

sJ8Ifybl.jpg

i4KdZ63l.jpg

Thanks,

Good Evening Everyone,

Starting putting the front back together. I have decided to mount the intercooler behind the radiator and put the fan in front due to space.

eA5Tid4l.jpg

Iabss2el.jpg

vTvNvX0l.jpg

ozV5YLEl.jpg

UPDXcuWl.jpg

Thanks,

Looking good. Why haven't you ported the exhaust manifold at the same time that you machined it flat? The hole is smaller than even your wastegate port, and the first thing smart people do is port the manifold even with a td04 stock turbo. Let alone a larger one like what your using. Especially with a non stock intake!

I'm hoping it's to reduce the on/off tendency of that TB on the 2.3 liter. I don't have the plastic thing and it feels like I'm at 1/2 throttle if I just barely touch the pedal.

No idea. Have 960 plate to swap it if I don?t like it.

Thanks,

I'm hoping it's to reduce the on/off tendency of that TB on the 2.3 liter. I don't have the plastic thing and it feels like I'm at 1/2 throttle if I just barely touch the pedal.

That’s just common side effect of going to NA throttle body on turbo whiteblocks. Plastic plate or not...I imagine it’s the same for using that TB on redblocks.
Whiteblock turbo TB is substantially smaller maybe for this reason

Some don’t like it. I do. That modification along with lightened/underdrive crank pulley we’re the only two performance mods my wife noticed on the 850

Edit... the plastic on came on early na 850s, dint remember the reason anymore

Last edited:
Back