• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vancity Volvos

Yeah, not too sure what to do. I won't be around for the buy back, I think I'm just gonna pull some interior stuff and call it good.
The 945 ain't too shabby though, eh?

Yeah, that's my stuff. Gotta shed some tonnage for the move.
945 is a 92. I'm sure someone on here knows it, ipd stickers in the doorsill, funny little plaque from a show at Docksteader in 94. PO was working on salvation season 2, car was owned by a production company on Union.
I can't believe how well it runs given the mileage and general neglect.

Glad everyone is alright. I love that you doubled the price you paid for the 245 and cumulatively are still well under a grand.

M.

Yeah Bill, same car. 120k motor too. :-(
If I had time I'd swap the motor before icbc comes to get it. Oh well.

Hey guys, I've got a 240 cupholder armrest with both brackets. Armrest has chipped corners and coffee residue. Its not gross or anything but i bet you have a nicer one.

Looking for $80 for the brackets. Armrest is free with purchase of brackets.

I'm gonna put it on CL this evening, just thought I'd give you guys first chance at it.

Yeah Azro!
Shady was my impression.
But no, it was a trade in they didn't want to mess with. 415k kms, looks like it wasn't totally neglected, runs quiet enough I think its a second or third engine.

I've taken it to mission and back and pushed it pretty hard on the highway. It took it like a champ.

I'll continue stress testing when I get to the island but for now I'm pretty comfortable it won't blow up soon.

Hey guys, I just put some totes of random stuff in the lane behind my house. Theres some decent stuff there, +t bits, interior, some old switches, a blue manual window door card, just a lot of odds and ends.
Feel free to come take a look. I'm gonna have to turf it tomorrow, I'm hoping some of it can live on.
6908 Kerr in the lane. I covered the totes.

Attachments

• IMG_20180909_111709.jpg
    IMG_20180909_111709.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 131
Unfortunately no, most everything really desirable either got sold or has been transported to storage already.

I seem to keep wandering further from Volvodom. This is the latest madness:

K9gxAKch.jpg

'58 Citroen 2cv. 12.5 hp of fury!

Not sure where I'll go if I keep following the smaller and less powerful trend. A Peel P50? Moped?

Came into cell range from jordon river this morning and it happened.
I just got the much anticipated call from ICBC regarding my ex 240se.

I've been joking about getting a $100 offer from them...

I am in a state of shock, I cannot believe their valuation of the vehicle.
I am stunned.
Seriously stunned.

$2080, final offer.

I mean, I loved that car, but it was like five hundy tops.

$2080 is just about $1000 shy of EVERYTHING I had into that car over 3 years. That includes initial purchase.

I'm just going to gracefully accept that the 240 was nicer than I thought. I feel good about this.

I'm looking at it like this.
I paid $400 for the 945t that replaced the 240,now I have $1680 to spend on it. It needs it.

I'm headed back to Jordon River tonight, loving it.

My dad had is 07 xc70 with 370K on it get bumped into. The bill was 4800$. My dad asked why they kept fixing it. Told him they weren't even at 50% of its value yet....?

Glad you got out OK

This might be a long shot but is there anyone local that either has a good used AW 50-42LE transmission for my 1999 V70 NA or perhaps a place to strip a another same year V70? I could purchase a parts car and allow the individual that could help out with space to take/use useful parts from the V70 for themselves as well. I saw a transmission for sale on Craigslist not long ago for 250.00 OBO from a '96 850 that was being converted to a manual but the ad either expired or the transmission sold.Not sure if it was a member.

It has been a bit of a pain as this '99 V70 is in very nice condition overall, bought it cheap as the transmission was fried from coolant mixing in the atf and the replacement I installed was suffering the same problem with some water contamination which I unfortunately was not aware of until it was too late. Would love to get the car on the road as it only managed one trip before the trans. went.

Back