• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Homer's 1990 240 redblock exorcism

Need pics of inside the trunk, the actual cargo area;-)

The trunk area's appearance is always *the final deciding factor* in the upper echelon of the Turbobricks Concours Car Show. ;-)
It's an empty 240 trunk with an amp upside down on the hat shelf and a sub hiding under the carpet in the pass side spare tire well. That's it. Nothing really eating in to my cargo space.
It's a nice '20 foot car'

In the opposite manner from normal.

From more than 20 feet away it looks pretty normal, just like an old 240 sedan. Well, other than the wheels.

It's only as you get closer that you start to see all the neat things that have been done to it. then: Whoa!
Thanks!
You're absolutely right. Homer has really built himself a bad ass sleeper.
Thanks

Jacob was kind enough to take me for a ride in KC a week and a half or so ago...I have to say, it's the best 240 I've ever ridden in hands down. The attention to detail is incredible in every facet of the build and it's just soooo smooth. Sounds amazing too.

Extremely well built car. Certainly inspiration material.

Also, smokey, stop being persnickety. It's a damn fine car.

Need pics of inside the trunk, the actual cargo area;-)

The trunk area's appearance is always *the final deciding factor* in the upper echelon of the Turbobricks Concours Car Show. ;-)

I dont think he has fake spare tires covered in carpet that are glued to the floor if thats what you are wondering about.

Well a nice saturday project. Shortened the trailing arms by 15mm. A simple cut, because of the taper of the trailing arm, and lap joint. Built a jig, tacked them and did some TIG welding and readjust the torque rods.
969055_10101373492277429_207386647_n.jpg

Now I can level out the ride height much more better.
970669_10101373824027599_481653238_n.jpg

Did a bit more fender work. Hammered/rolled it back to the spot welds all the way around and now there's no rub. The back edge of the lip couldn't be cut anymore.

I dont think he has fake spare tires covered in carpet that are glued to the floor if thats what you are wondering about.

I was merely asking to see how nice it looks. Considering how well and nice the rest of the car looks.

BTW I was interested in your steering quickeners Ben..

Last edited:
Curious if you've pulled the springs and put the suspension all the way down? Make sure the lip is rolled out of the way near the dogleg part of the quarter panel because that's a spot I've seen it grab the tire on hard compression when low and w/tall tires. Happened on Rob's car once and actually bent the straight lip out where it had caught on the tire.

Back