• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Skinny rods don't suck that much

Harlard

Hurlurd?Harland?Bueller?
300+ Club
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/EncyAKuBLM4?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/EncyAKuBLM4?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

1000807_708820023980_885402197_n.jpg

I thought all b230's got the big rods regardless of being NA or turbo after 89. I could be wrong.

PO seized the squirter motor and had a shop swap in an '87 block.

V cam, 15G with ported conical housing at 16 psi, Evo 8 intercooler, RSI 3" downpipe/magnaflow cat, OBX catback, accumulator modded AW71, LH 2.4 tuned with Ostrich and EZK with Sbabbs chip, Siemens Deka 55 lbs, NGK BPR7ES plugs.

Nice flat curve. That's pretty much what I want out of my motor. Maybe I'll get the 15g I have installed this year.

Quit being rude.

Brettle and I have a special relationship. No harm done on his part :)

I'm just giving him a hard time. I appreciate your concern, though!

<3

Hmm. This interests me. Is that whp or crank HP?

Wheel. No one will show off crank horsepower on a chassis dyno and keep their dignity :oogle:

For now...:run:

Yep. Then the block will explode and I will let it sit for years while I build another motor.

Nice flat curve. That's pretty much what I want out of my motor. Maybe I'll get the 15g I have installed this year.

Hog the hotside and use a proper boost control device :)

I don't think he does either, you could just take off that block off plate on the side of the block ad check, this car is pretty damn fun to drive I'll give it that!

he still could....hockey made 240whp on a 50 trim t3 at 18 psi back in 'nam with skinnies. It lasted for a year or two.

Sam made 300 crank in the Deathwagon on the original motor back in the day, IIRC. I don't think I'd trust one past that kinda figure, mind...

cheers

James

Back